Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM Line-Lock Install Write-up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SJM Line-Lock Install Write-up?

Anyone have a good write-up on a SJM Line-Lock install? Or maybe some tips?

I may be tackling mine this week.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

I just installed my SJM line-lock a few weeks ago and used there instructions an did a search here (line lock) for any other info. Went alot easier then I thought it would be.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

LINE LOCK INFO
info on my install on SLP unit but install should be the same

IS hole behind pcm , but I drill hole beside steering colum also ( drill from inside out ) put a peace of rubber hose in hole ran wire inside hose, then use same type wire wrap as GM,tie wrap to the big rubber hose comming over master cyl
I also mounted switch in ash tray
I have used this unit for5-6 years with NO problems ( well yes one problem :::SLICK tires )

PS ::Connect brake line to master cyl and line lock ,the second line which goes to ABS block start it but leave it loose,remove cap from master cyl and let the lines grivity bleed watch the loose connection untill all air is out and run pure fluid ( may shake the line a little to help bleed ( REMEMBER BRAKE FLUID WILL REMOVE PAINT
I placed plastic sheet over fender)if does not gravity bleed blow into master cyl and have some one watch for fluid at ABS block >>>THIS way you do not have to bleed the brakes from under car- I had no problem of any kind, never any air in system

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps
Old 02-25-2008, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got included directions with pictures with our kits. Our electrical install is completely different, as you probably see...we include even a grommet for firewall so you don't need an additional piece of hose as described above.

If our customers have ANY questions, we are only a phone call or e-mail away. I answer e-mails personally after business hours quite often (these are the typical times people are installing the kits anways.)

Kurt, if you have ANY questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail or call me directly. It is a rather straightforward install though I'd recommend more then just gravity bleeding your brake system. I'd advise against DOT 5 synth. fluid. CHANGE your fluid if it is older then 2 years, do not just bleed it.

We fully support our products and provide full service for them. Customer service doesn't end when the sale ends:-).
Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got done with my SJM line lock install and it works awesome. When Steve says that they fully support their products and provide full service they are not kidding. I have been in contact with Steve over the past 4 or 5 days while installing mine and he was helping me out the whole way just to be sure I was doing it right. He always responded within about 5 hours and most of the time it was within an hour or so of my emails even on the weekend now thats what I call customer support. You won't go wrong with SJM and Steve will help you out however he can. Thanks again Steve!! You guys are awesome!!

Tyler

Quick Reply: SJM Line-Lock Install Write-up?