Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions

i want to get a double adjustable panhard bar and adjustable lcas
1 question is how am i suppose to adjust them, wat i mean is there certain specs and if so where do i get them from
2nd question is which lcas do i get, tubular or boxed type, i read that i need to get tubular ones because my car is lowered, is that true-will i also need to get relocation brackets because i was told its better to get them
last question is what is the best brand or is that just my choice
HELP NEEDED PLEASE
Old 03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The adjustable panhard rod is just used to re-center your rear end after you lower it. If you lower it you'll notice it sits more to one side. Just make some measurements and get it centered.

Since you are lowered, you'll need relocation brackets. You want your LCA's to be as close to level as you can get them. You can go with either style of LCA's. I suggest you read some of the stickies to determine which type would be suit your needs. Adjustable versions are primarily for racing applications and they usually make more noise--which might not be what you want for a street car. It all comes down to what you plan to do with it and your preferences.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

well wat do i use to measure when installing to panhard bar
i saw on some show cant recall which one that they used some like magnetic gauge that was like a level or something to measure
Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can use a measuring tape for the panhard bar. I believe the item you are referring to is a angle finder for setting pinion angle on torque arms.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

anybody have any more info/input
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are into drag go ahead and get some LCA's and set it up. If you are into handling you may want to leave it be. It is a myth that you necessarily have to adjust your LCA's when you lower. I am on a Strano setup and left mine stock and at my power level have no wheelhop issues (Yes A4 can spin through first and most of second). Wheels still centered in wheelwell. If you are into corner carving leaving it alone (after lowering) actually helps handling.