Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question for Hal/QA1 users

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question for Hal/QA1 users

I installed upper and lower A-arms from BMR along with the front hal shocks and spring set-up. My car sits EVEN lower than it did before with the pro-kit and take-off shocks. I adjusted the d-side shock with the spanner wrench and expanded the spring i.e., moved the spanner wrench in a clockwise motion, and the car sat even lower. So I turned it counter-clockwise to compress the spring and it looked like it "raised" the car. But when you press on the front end of the car, the shock travels downward but it doesn't return to its position. I tried this at a 1, a 6 and finally a 9 adjustment setting. I'm scraping on EVERYTHING!!!

How can I get the ride height to be normal again?
Old 07-26-2003, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question for Hal/QA1 users

How far up the shock is the nut?I had to go up into the upper 25% of shock to get car up so as not to rub tires.I thoght this to be bad so made phone call to see if I neede stiffer springs and was told it was ok and would be ok so maybe you just need to do some more turning to get it up.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the info TTT
Old 07-26-2003, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Floyd, thanks for posting for me. If I push down on the fenders the shock will compress, but they will not return like a shock should. It may be possibly that the shock wasn't filled from HAL/QA1. Normally, if you push down on a fender the shock will compress and then expand back to its nomal position.