Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front end alignment....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front end alignment....

I have a set of front runners on my car and both sides I used a 7/16 spacer. On the driver side the wheel sits perfectly on the edge of the fender. On the pass side the wheel is sticking out about an inch or so. It almost looks like the wheel has to much caster but at the same time it looks like the wheel hub may be sticking to far out and the entire wheel is just sticking out. Is there anything that I can do to fix this. Is it possible to adjust this issue with an alignment. I am not sure if any of this is fixable with an alignment. Any help woule be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you mean camber...There isnt much room to move on the f-body alignment....typically not enough to where you will actually see a difference.

Is it the top of the tire that sticks out? The front...rear? You may have a bent suspension component. Do a good visual inspection.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I did mean camber...sry. The only thing that I can think of is that the car was wrecked prior to when I got it and the alignment is off somewhat. I just got done pulling the motor via the K-member and did not see anything bent or broken. I assume that you cannot bend a sub-frame and that if you can that it would show in the body lines of the car. It looks like that the top of the tire is sticking out. Almost like it has negative camber. (A lot) Could this problem be fixed by going to a aftermarket K and upper and lower A-arms or could I accually have a bent sub-frame.