Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RX8 Question for Sam Strano

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX8 Question for Sam Strano

I was looking at your site tonight and saw that you had RX8 suspension upgrades and what not on there, but I had a few questions before I went in for the purchase. My buddy said you floated around here and said I should ask you in person before I went in for the purchase. I was going for Mazdaspeed performance parts, but he said "screw that, go strano." so, here I am.

I want to keep the handling good, or better, but I also want to lower the car an inch to an inch and a half. I've had friends who have lowered their cars and their ride quality went to, forgive my wording, ****.

I'm looking at the lowering springs and koni shocks for the suspension, will it decrease my ride quality? And if it doesn't, how well will it improve my handling.

Thanks in advance

~RF
Old 04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

What you see there is pretty much what's legal for an SCCA B-stock autocross car. I have a lot more (if you need or want it), but since RX8's aren't my niche, but autox is I just didn't get into adding all the parts.

I'd be happy to help you out, frankly they are very, very good stock and I don't think need a ton. Lowering with poor shocks, lousy springs, or worse... both will wreck the ride.

Give me a call, we can talk it over, there are even some shock choices.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Teching In

I'm mainly looking for new sway bars and lowering the body an inch. I saw that the Lowering kit lowers the body up to 1.2 inches in the front and 0.8 in the rear. I'm going with 19 X 8.5 wheels with 225/40ZR19 Toyo Tires and flush with the body of the car. So not only am I looking to drop the car with the lowering springs, added sway bars and Koni shocks for better handling and additional performance, but I'm also looking to make sure that the wheels and tires that I'm wanting to get will work with the suspension that I'm looking into.

I wouldn't mind seeing what else you have for the RX8 that isn't up on the site, I mean, I know this is "LS1Tech" and it's kind of "sacreligious" or however you spell it to be posting here, but hell, it's the only way I know to get the info I need, because y'all pretty much know what the hell you're talking about.

~RF

P.S. I'm in the desert, deployed at the current time, I won't be back stateside for another four months, when that time comes I will certainly give you a call. At the moment, getting calls out of here is extremely difficult and is limited to two a week, those I use to call my family back home when I get the chance.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Launching!

We can definitely tolerate a ricer on here if he's fighting for our country. Post on here all you want brother!!!

Thanks for what you do and God Bless.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

RotaryFanatic - Your more then welcome to be on this site. Unfortunately a lot of forums have there trolls. Granted we tend to get rid of them they still pop up, so if anyone gives you a hard time take it with a grain of salt.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Rotary--

I wish you well, and will be hoping like mad you stay safe over there in the desert.

When the time comes, we have plenty of options for you. Koni has shocks, there are a nubmer of spring sets, there are complete coil-over kits from H&R, Bilstein, KW, etc. which have various levels of damping adjustment, from none to independent doubles). There are Tokico D-specs, which aren't bad (though not Koni's), and there is even a setup that include springs (but I don't really love their springs).

As for bars, plenty of choice there too, but I'm pretty sure I'll have you end up on a set of Progress bars. Really nice sized front vs. rear, the front is hollow and both are adjustable as well. But we also have bars from others too like Eibach, Hotchkis, etc.

If I get any time, I'll add these things to my website... I just have to find the time.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: RX8 Question for Sam Strano