Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Suspension Plan

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Suspension Plan

Alright, so i lowered my car on stock shocks against everyones word and i thought it rode good at first, but now i realize that it down right just sucks. My car feels like a piece of ****, squeaks rattles bounces you name it. Time to fork out the money for some new shocks,panhard bar..

From the way it looks now, kyb agx shocks are the shocks to go with (Not spending the money on Koni's.)
As far as the panhard bar, my stock one is hitting that brace above it and is very very annoying. So i figured i'd go with the umi single adjustable one. I also noticed that these squeaks have developed as of lately in the rear. The ones that sound like a squeaky bed when you push up and down on the car. i Just bought some lithium grease and am going to inialate the rear suspension with it. Would it be worth it to grab a set of rear lower control arms? I'm not that worried about traction/racing, pure ride quality....
Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slikrider20
Alright, so i lowered my car on stock shocks against everyones word and i thought it rode good at first, but now i realize that it down right just sucks. My car feels like a piece of ****, squeaks rattles bounces you name it. Time to fork out the money for some new shocks,panhard bar..

From the way it looks now, kyb agx shocks are the shocks to go with (Not spending the money on Koni's.)
As far as the panhard bar, my stock one is hitting that brace above it and is very very annoying. So i figured i'd go with the umi single adjustable one. I also noticed that these squeaks have developed as of lately in the rear. The ones that sound like a squeaky bed when you push up and down on the car. i Just bought some lithium grease and am going to inialate the rear suspension with it. Would it be worth it to grab a set of rear lower control arms? I'm not that worried about traction/racing, pure ride quality....

If you're car is squeakin when you push down, its probably the stock shocks. Just noticed you said AGX shocks, those are actually a descent replacement from what i've read. I wouldn't think LCA's would give you a better ride quality, maybe help if you hit a hard bump it would prevent some tire hop?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

It sounds like its comin from the shocks, more towards the top but its so hard to tell. i'm not realy looking forward to doing another shock install
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

How long have you been on stock shocks and lowering springs?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Probably 3 weeks
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slikrider20
It sounds like its comin from the shocks, more towards the top but its so hard to tell. i'm not realy looking forward to doing another shock install
Probably the bushings. New shocks will come with new bushings and washers, should make it go away.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

You didn't say how many miles are on those shocks....Like said above...I bet that is the squeeky noise..[and the bushings]
Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Stock shocks, i assume 67,000 haha

Quick Reply: New Suspension Plan