Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Coilover springs help, advice inside please

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coilover springs help, advice inside please

I posted something like this yesterday but have all the detailes now. I am going to buy Eibach coilover lowering springs from a friend of a friend. They have 25,000 hard miles on them (there off an 02 SS and he already went through one LS1) is there any fatique or wear that I should worry about, and how much should I expect to pay? thanks for any and all help
Old 08-05-2003, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Coilover springs help, advice inside please

If it is an Eibach Pro kit, they run about $225-$260 depending on where you get them. Springs don't wear out, but they will "lose their load", some will do it more than others....otherwise known as "sagging". If the car "sits correctly" (looks level and at a reasonable ride height) and they are not beat up and rusted, I'd say to buy them. As for a price....not sure, it has to "be worth it" for you to not buy new ones....

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TrackBird, thanks for your help, you were the only one to reply yesterday to today, lol, anyone else have any experince or opinions that would be great. I told him tonight that I would buy them so I hope to have them this coming weekend, just looking for some more confidence in my purchase. Anyway, I wasn't joking when I said he is already in his second LS1 in an 2002 SS. His engine was messed up so he blew it up on purpose, I saw the video, pretty wild.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got your email, replied to it.