Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake questions

i am planning the ls1 front brake conversion, and figgure while i am at it i will replace the pads and rotors on the rear. i have read alot of good things about the brembo blanks, but cant seem to find them for the lt1 models. also, i like the look of a slotted and/or drilled rotor (i know...i know...the ricer is coming out in me lol) but they eat pads up really quick right? and i have read threads that they are quite noisy....is this due to the more agressive pad, or the rotor? if i dont go way of the brembo blanks, i have been looking at their slotted rotors, and rotors online have slotted/drilled rotors that are cryo treated....anyone have any expereince with either of these?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Launching!

rotorsonline has brembro blanks for the lt1. Also check out ws6store, who also should have them. Slots and drills offer no real performance advantage. Some say the slots just eat up your pad more. If you get a shitty brand of cross-drilled (and even sometimes with good ones), you'll risk getting hairline cracks in the rotor after extreme braking.

Squeakiness comes from the pads, not the rotors. The more agressive pad gives you better braking but more squaking. Ceramic pads (i.e. stock) don't squeak. Hawk HPS pads are carbon metallic and squeak a little. Hawk HP+ are really agressive and squeak a lot.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Teching In

cool...thanks. how are the ebc greenstuffs about noise? about comparable to the hps?