Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 setting for a vert

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default QA1 setting for a vert

Just put double adjustable QA1R's with 300lb front springs in my vert. Its pretty much a full weight car, except for the back seat. What should I be setting the shocks at? I installed the front springs 5.5 inches up on the strut, measuring from where the threads begin. I am going to push them up to about 7 inches tonight. After the install, my front wheel gap went from 3 inches (wheel to fender well) to 1.5. It looks good, but I know it wont help me at the track. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Rob
Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride height does'nt really affect launch, It's the amount of rebound in the shock that is critical. If you don't have enough rebound your car wont transfer weight properly.

You need to get your ride height where you want it then adjust rebound till you get it to transfer weight till you get it to where it hooks the best,Then adjust compression till you get it to settle softly so you dont unload the rear.

Hope this helps
Doug

BTW you might want to change your sig pic before its gets forcibly removed by a mod. That thing is huge.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for the tip...yes I know my sig pic is huge..lol.....it wasnt like that orriginally...dont know how it got that big....lol
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Well last night I was only able to push the spring up to about 6 inches. The front came up a bit. I also turned the rear shocks down 2 clicks, and turned the front up 8 clicks. Seems to ride better, not as bouncy. I guess the real test will come on Friday night at the track.