Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

3pt stb? need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003 | 11:23 PM
Teching In

Default 3pt stb? need help!

i just installed kenny brown 3 point stb, on certain bumps or dips on the road the 3rd point on the cowl makes a popping sound as though something is loose, i check the bolt and its tight so i dont know whats wrong, can somebody tell me what to do to fix this problem thanks
Old 08-19-2003 | 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: 3pt stb? need help!

Hmm, unbolt the cowl to STB and see if the noise goes away. It could be from the inner fenders flexing and putting pressure on the cowl. If it does,,,,,maybe a STB does more than I thought it did. I did not notice a thing from mine but it is a two point.

Get back with us, it's a on-going debate on if the STB actually help or even if they actually do any real "braceing".
Old 08-19-2003 | 10:27 AM
Teching In

well its coming from the cowl for sure because i could here it coming from up top, i was thinking maybe to add a piece of rubber on the bolt to cushion the impact, it happens alot when im turning in my driveway, we have a big dip at the front of the driveway, so when the tires are turned going in it must put lots of strain on the cowl
Old 08-19-2003 | 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Out of all the mods I did to my 2000 Grand Prix GTP the most noticable was the strut tower brace. Even more noticable than the blower pulley...
Old 08-19-2003 | 07:49 PM
Teching In

true but how does that help my problem

Quick Reply: 3pt stb? need help!