Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008 | 09:17 PM
Launching!

Default Alignment

Is it necessary to have a front and rear end alignment done when replacing shocks?

I can see getting a front end alignment, but what can be adjusted in the rear??

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Just changing shocks shouldn't require an alignment I wouldn't think. There isn't really anything to be done in the back unless you have after market adjustable stuff.
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. Depends on what's installed: Aftermarket adj. LCA's for adjusting wheels fore and aft and adjusting thrust angle and/or PHB for centering wheels from left to right.

2. Depends on if you want to use a torch method for adjusting camber, and maybe toe (which as a mech. eng. you know will require great technique on an essentially "non-adjusting" live axle).
Old 07-04-2008 | 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Foxxtron
1. Depends on what's installed: Aftermarket adj. LCA's for adjusting wheels fore and aft and adjusting thrust angle and/or PHB for centering wheels from left to right.

2. Depends on if you want to use a torch method for adjusting camber, and maybe toe (which as a mech. eng. you know will require great technique on an essentially "non-adjusting" live axle).
on a "non-adjusting" rear a good tect with good equ. can adjust the front to match the rear thrust angle, yes I would suggest a 4 wheel align, should not cost more than 10-15.00 extra
juat my .02' Johnny