Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squealing brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing brakes...

Ugh!!! The squealing brakes are totally annoying me now. It squeals from all angles of the vehicle from any speed. But with rougher braking, or more softer braking rolling into a stop the squeal is gone. But its always there whenever I would normally use the brakes. Ive had the T/A in the shop a couple weeks ago, and they said my brakes and rotors are fine. Then recently my rear passenger side caliper bolt fell out, and I got it replaced. I even asked that mechanic to check my brakes, and everything. Same response from his as the other shop told me. Any help???
Old 08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of pad are you using? Is there any anti-squeal on the back of the pads? Were the rotors turned or replaced when you had the pads installed last? There are many reasons for brakes to squeal.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I had a similar problem - turned out to be bad bearings that were cauing the squeal. Sounded a lot like a brake squeal, but wasn't.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the wheels off and put some anti-squeal on the pins and the backs of the pads, see if that helps.

When you put the wheels back on and the lugs are tight-ish, grab it at the 12 and 6 o'clock position. Pull at 6 and push at 12 (and vise versa). If the wheel moves, anything more than next to nothing, you need to do bearings.

Quick Reply: Squealing brakes...