Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension help please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default suspension help please...

ok, so, to start off this is a 96 3.8L camaro ...I am bottoming out in the rear worse then ever now...I just put on brand new kyb agx shocks a few months ago, but opted to not do the springs as it was to my understanding that they are not supposed to wear out.
Now, I am not able to physcially change the front springs myself, nor do I have $300 for a shop to get to them....

The rear springs I feel I can tackle as they seem to be pretty easy, atleast from what I have read.

I was thinking of going with a Z28 spring in the back but I heard it is dangerous to change to a stiffer spring in the rear without changing the fronts to a stiffer spring as well...

My question is what can I do to fix this problem? The car is not lowered, however it does look pretty lowered...(I cant fit my fist between the rear tire and the fenderwell) I have no desire for it to be lowered, only for it to not bottom out anymore. (before it used to only bottom out with passengers, now it bottoms out with just me in the car and I only weigh 120lbs!!!)

Is it possible to pick up some different sway bars, to offset the oversteer I will get when putting in a stiffer spring in the back?

remember the Car is a 96 v6 camaro...so no the spring rates in the back are not the same as the z28's