Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front End Drift

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Drift

Hmm can’t figure out why my Z06 is really squirrelly at high speeds. At about 120 there is allot of play and drift in the front end from side to side. Car was recently 4 wheel aligned, it has been lowered on the stock bolts about 1/2 inch. Normal acceleration it seems to kind of twist and flex allot now, kind of weird. Was thinking maybe control arm bushings? Or shocks? Except for the lowering car is bone stock. Before at higher speeds the car was rock solid stable. I was looking at the profile today it seems like the front is actually higher then the rear now, I have a service appointment this week hopefully that will shed some light.
Thanks for any help
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Try putting it back to stock settings if your able to and see if it does it still. Maybe a bushing or two but if it was a all the sudden change thats probably the case. Did the car start acting like that right after the changes or was it a slow progression. Very nice Z16. My buddy has one and its a very georgous car. Fast.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Try putting it back to stock settings if your able to and see if it does it still. Maybe a bushing or two but if it was a all the sudden change thats probably the case. Did the car start acting like that right after the changes or was it a slow progression. Very nice Z16. My buddy has one and its a very georgous car. Fast.
Yea kind of a slow progression. And thank you I will try that out.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rear of the car HAS to be higher than the front. GM engineering designed a slight "rake" into the car in order to add aerodynamic stability, through air pushng down on the nose.