Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How much for a complete Overhaul?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much for a complete Overhaul?

How much would a COMPLETE suspension overhaul cost for an LS1? For a daily driver, not a strip-car. Lowering, shocks, struts, the whole shebang-a-bang.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K-member, upper and lower A arms, TA w/relocation bracket, RCA w/relocation bracket, PHR, SFC, Koni shocks, Strano springs, Front and Rear Strano Sway Bars.

that is a complete suspension overhaul. it this what your talking about?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Banned

Well when i had my DMS springs put on, it just got bad when we started taking them apart, EVERYTHING was rusted solid. I'm sure this car had seen a few winters, good thing i've got a winter vehicle after replacing all this. I had new struts ordered anyway just cause it made sense to replace the stockers at that time. My mechanic ended up sanding off rust from the upper and lower control arms, spindles, upper mount cup-shaped thing (not sure what its called) and painting them with por15, and i replaced all the bushings, sway bar end links, tire rod ends, and just about any non-metal piece cause they were all flaking apart, and put on an adj. panhard bar. I think that's about it. Ended up being just a titch over a thousand with the cost of springs and struts, and my mechanic's labor in there (I did help out a bit when i wasnt working, he cut me a break). All the non-metal parts came direct from GM too, he charged me for them at his cost.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We have a complete kit that starts at $1,800.00 and you can add additional upgrades if needed. This kit may be overkill for your application but it will give you a idea.. depending on your driving habits you can most likley get away with less money. If you have any questions please ask.

Thank you!
Ryan

http://www.umiperformance.com/FBR003...=0&fq=0&manf=7

Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just to give you other options we offer several different packages. Our packages including the shocks start at $1200,the one with the frame connectors and strut tower is $1519. I also offer k member arm packages that starts at $869 or i can custom tailor a package to your needs. Take a look at our site and let me know if you have any questions. We are in the office mon-fri till 6pm est.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

^^both great company's for business, i myself have both UMI and BMR suspension parts on my car and love it.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought there were no Strano springs available not that it matters to me??
Old 09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CHIredws6
How much would a COMPLETE suspension overhaul cost for an LS1? For a daily driver, not a strip-car. Lowering, shocks, struts, the whole shebang-a-bang.
That depends on how deep you want to go. There's probably a ton of stuff you don't really need to replace in those big suspension packages, especially if you want to keep the car purely daily driveable.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check out my website, I've made a complete list of all the components that typically need to be replaced when doing a full suspension overhaul. The items listed by BMR, UMI and the Strano HP4 kit are all the fun parts. However there are basic maintenance parts which should be replaced while you are in there. Bushings, ball joints, hubs, etc... Check out my web site and look in the R&D section for more details. I do plan to keep updating this list to also include every nut and bolt. Which you may find you'll want to replace as well.