Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 Rears???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Thanks, Chavez... but we already had that link

It doesn't really say anything except to modify that anti-rattle spring. I'm assuming he's just using C5 calipers on LS1 rotors, but it doesn't really say. Are the C5 rear rotors the same size/thickness?

wht01ws6ta... How's your setup coming along?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmdale1984

It doesn't really say anything except to modify that anti-rattle spring. I'm assuming he's just using C5 calipers on LS1 rotors, but it doesn't really say. Are the C5 rear rotors the same size/thickness?

sorry guys...didnt pay attention..

The c5 rear rotors should be the same size and thickness. From what i've read, the only difference is modding the anti-rattle spring. I didn't feel like going through the effort myself. Good luck fellas.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all this good info guys.

^Trackbird... that link isn't working. Maybe it's because I'm on my smartphone. I'll try it tomorrow when I'm on my PC.
I just clicked it and it came right up for me. We had some forum troubles the other day. Try it again and let me know if it's still not working.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that install doesn't say but I'm 99% sure he is using stock rotors BECAUSE the rotor hat on the LS1 Fbody brakes is quite a bit deeper than the C5 rotor so the C5 rotor only covers up about half of the e-brake. I'm not sure what would happen if the C5 rotors were installed and used like that but I don't think I'll try it. I talked to a guy at KORE3 and he said he didn't know of a really a good or simple way to make the C5 rear rotor work but that they had looked at solutions before. I just put the Fbody rotors back on with C5 calipers, C5 anti-rattle spring(no grinding required and I think that is because I used C5 pads and not Fbody pads) C5 pads and Fbody abutment bracket. All other hardware is Fbody or interchangeable like the pins and boots and banjo bolts. Hope that helps, anybody want some Brembo rear C5 rotors or have an idea of how to get them to work?

-Nate
Old 09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackbird
I just clicked it and it came right up for me. We had some forum troubles the other day. Try it again and let me know if it's still not working.
still doesn't seem to be working, looks like this:

Quick Reply: C5 Rears???