Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Watt's linkage on f-body ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
The problem is that you really need to bolt on the kit first and verify that it is working. Plus you are going to pretty much take away all adjustability of the roll center unless you die grinder it off again...
adjustability?

what adj is there with this. thought it just bolted in and here we go.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can adjust the roll center on it. Thats pretty much the only adjustable part from what i can tell.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much to adjust the roll center you have to move the prop down or up a hole and then slide the axle clamps up or down [around the axles] in order to get the links parallel with the ground. It isn't that hard at all!

Also, the watts links are adjustable to you can position the clamps where you want them on the axle tubes to avoid breathers or whatever. This doesn't actually have a performance aspect but helps since everyones set up is a lil different.

I HAVE considered welding it if I decide I am very happy with how it is adjusted. I could see making a couple of tacks on each clamp to keep it in position yet still be removable with some work involved...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
sam i know i have asked once. but is it ok to weld the tabs on? and not clamp with bolts?

also when you all keep saying sway bar. you mean the real sway bar. or the two arms that come off that watts?

If you want. But you need to clamp them on first and make *SURE* everything is at the proper angle. But, so far we've had zero trouble with them slipping even under autox condistions on 315 Hoosiers that generate over 1.2g of lateral grip.

And I mean the real swaybar. It hang under the diff and pivots up behind the differential (and between the diff and Watts) when the suspension compresses.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Watt's linkage on f-body ?