Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FE4 Option code? Anyone know spring rate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FE4 Option code? Anyone know spring rate?

It is a 2002 WS6. Trying to decide if i want new springs or what. The thing is i dont want to lower it much over 3/4 of an inch. I am debating keeping the stock springs and just going with Strano sway bars ans Koni's. thanks guys!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unhappy

I have done a search and found nothing
Old 09-27-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This Link is the only info I have as far as spring rates.
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
`96-`early`00 WS6's used the 1LE springs
And from my understanding the late `00 -`02's the springs are unchanged from the standard Trans Am.
The question is are your current springs that bad to warrant replacing ?
If not the Koni's set on the lower perch in front and the hose mod on the rear springs will give you your desired drop. There are many people using that setup and are quite happy with it. I myself was contemplating it aswell but with 123K miles on my old springs I just bought the Strano's.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bummer yea that is all i found on it also. I was hoping the springs were comparable to the 1le option in the earlier models. I only have 52000 miles on my car and i think that the springs are prolly fine. I am just wondering if i will be happy with the suspension if i go with koni's and strano sway bars. I am really curious if the strano bars will make a big effect over the stock "ws6" bars or not. I know the koni's will probly have the biggest impact on the feel of it . I would like to know if anyone has ever noticed a big difference with the strano sway bars over the stock WS6 bars. Any input appreciated
Old 09-27-2008, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best thing to do is do the heater hose mod in the rear, and then when you get the konis use the lower perch when installing.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T/AWS6969
Bummer yea that is all i found on it also. I was hoping the springs were comparable to the 1le option in the earlier models. I only have 52000 miles on my car and i think that the springs are prolly fine. I am just wondering if i will be happy with the suspension if i go with koni's and strano sway bars. I am really curious if the strano bars will make a big effect over the stock "ws6" bars or not. I know the koni's will probly have the biggest impact on the feel of it . I would like to know if anyone has ever noticed a big difference with the strano sway bars over the stock WS6 bars. Any input appreciated
I think uou will love it compared to the stock setup.
The WS6 uses a 32mm front bar and the same 19mm bar as all the rest of the F-bodies. Sam's are 35/22 and really seem to help keep the car planted.
If your still skeptical though just get the shocks first and see how you like it, cause you can always add the bars at a later time.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool will do thanks guys!!!!

Quick Reply: FE4 Option code? Anyone know spring rate?