Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? Adjustable A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? Adjustable A-arms

I just installed a set of UMI lower adjustable arms.measured the stock one's and the umi's very close in length.Now when I dropped the car off the jack's one is pretty staight looking the other is way off.What should I do just flatbed it to a alignment shop?or try and play with the adjustments?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try to mess with the adjustments to get it a little closer before you drove it. I would if it were me, since it's easy enough and you were already in there in the first place. The front camber and caster are set by moving the control arm in and out at the front and rear mounts, which is why they (and subsequently the toe, which is what you're seeing) are now off. Just mess with the one side until both tires look sort of straight, then drive to the alignment shop. The last time I had my car towed the moron truck driver damaged both tailpipes and tore off the left lower fender mount by putting the chains in the wrong place.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

Thanx Ill give it a shot,cause the way the car sits now It won't even make it out of the driveway.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you should get your own alignment tools and preform the job yourself? They sell the kits online for a couple hundred dollars.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
9 Second Club

As long as I dont go to the big chain places to get it,Ill be alright have to go to a shop that specializes in this then it will be done right.