Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

1998 Formula

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats! Im a formula fiend, what color was it originally? nbm?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK made it back! I babied this thing the whole way home, Car ran Hot on me & pulled over added fluid to the car & let it run to long & fluid came back out cause I had the Cap off the radiator & lost coolant, Got it back topped off with the Red Dexron & ran at 210 rest of the way home, Car def has a some things that need attention!

1. A TUNE ASAP, Car has Y-Pipe with muffler dumped & I STINK of Fuel & it needs shift points lined up,
2 Need either a complete Dash or Dashpad
3. Sway Bars ASAP (Every dip in the road or Bump & it felt like it would jerk me in the other lane. Def scary at 70 mph
4. No AC
5. No Power Steering
6 Front Bumper & fenders need to be lined up
7. Air Dam up front so it runs cooler

Car actually did good on Gas mileage. I put $30 in & had almost 10 gallons & did by the mileage thing 190 miles & still had a little over half a tank

After my little scare with the temp going up to 260 & having to pull over to let it cool down & Shawn calming me down, I KNOCK ON WOOD that with a little bit of hard work & elbow grease & get Sam to work his magic on this 98 PCM & tune it in. It just might turn out alright & be a fun little car for the summer, But im not counting my chickens just yet till they hatch!

I will post pic up tommorow!

Jorge was a good guy to deal with & was very upfront with the car in his ad & look foward to bringing it back to its former Glory!

Goodnight Fellas, Im off to bed
Old 03-03-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like fun. I would check the tie rods. I bet the wheels have lots of free play left and right.

Might want to change the plugs before the tune if you stink of gas, just to have fresh spark