Suspended license help????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call the city in which you got the ticket and pay it off with them...then You'll have to pay the $100 re admittance fee for you to get your DL back. and you'll have to go get another DL, new pic and New ADDY lol
Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious ...

Doesn't it bother you guys for all these hundreds of dollars many of you have spent on these various offenses?

When I suggest taking your cars or bike to a local road course, the first thing mentioned is the $300 entry fee as being too expensive and you can't afford tires and brakes.

It appears to me that my brake and tire budget is significantly less than many of your lawyer and fine budget.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I'm curious ...

Doesn't it bother you guys for all these hundreds of dollars many of you have spent on these various offenses?

When I suggest taking your cars or bike to a local road course, the first thing mentioned is the $300 entry fee as being too expensive and you can't afford tires and brakes.

It appears to me that my brake and tire budget is significantly less than many of your lawyer and fine budget.
when did anyone say anything that you're talking about?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Before your time, sonny.
You do realize there was the interweb prior to you joining, right?

So I guess it's just the price you pay?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just went to the DPS office in carrolltton..they gave me a number to call and they will take my payment on the phone..its a 1-800 number..I will call them later..they said that after that i will have my license back and can change my address...freaken sucks..and I still have to go deal with the tickets
Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mitchntx

Before your time, sonny.
You do realize there was the interweb prior to you joining, right?

So I guess it's just the price you pay?
good joke about your elderliness. but anyways, your message has nothing to do with the OP thats why i pointed it out because this guy is asking for advice and we're all trying to help him out and you are wasting time.

back to OP guy
yea just pay them as soon as you can and make sure its all reinstated and ask for receipts man or else stuff could come up later. gl with your license situation
Old 02-18-2009, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

thanks everyone for your help..just paid $260 to cover the surcharge for this year...two more to go..now i just have to wait about 10 days for my suspension to be lifted...than i can go change the addy on my license... but still have to worry about my tickets total of $565..hopefully i can talk to the judge to reduce or take away some of them but i doubt it since its in Coppell...
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Launching!

i would talk to an atty...
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
Cops that do their job pull you over for no seatbelt. And he was not being a dick if he didn't haul your *** in. You should be kissing his ***.
But you'll have to contact the DMV so they can give you a number to call in Austin. Get your stuff, send them money and a copy of insurance and pay them every year without any other tickets. And you'll have to get an SR-22 filed.
I've known enough people that didn't get a considerate warning, cold sandwiches, cement bed and a public bathroom voyeaur party for having "suspended" license. I would have shaken his hand, thanked him dearly and realize that there are only a few officers that make the whole damn tree seem bad. If you have never been in jail before, you probably wouldn't understand the hassle of getting out for something that seemed so "minor" to you. (Not knocking you).
Old 02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
and you are wasting time.
hmmm ... I believe you've wasted more time than me pointing out I'm wasting HIS time.

If I were wasting HIS time, he should probably tell me, not you. UNless of course, I'm wasting YOUR time.

Then of course, I would tell you to not read my posts to save your precious time.

At this time, I would like to point out that in the control panel there is an "ignore" feature and I suggest you put me on it because you are on mine.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Grimlock
I've known enough people that didn't get a considerate warning, cold sandwiches, cement bed and a public bathroom voyeaur party for having "suspended" license. I would have shaken his hand, thanked him dearly and realize that there are only a few officers that make the whole damn tree seem bad. If you have never been in jail before, you probably wouldn't understand the hassle of getting out for something that seemed so "minor" to you. (Not knocking you).
Wee let's see........I went to jail over a .75 pepsi from Walmart. I was talking to a friend, that worked there I might add, walked over by the door, didn't even get outside. I got bumrushing by 3 guys and was taken to jail. I got a theft under 50 charge. The judge dismissed it as a bullshit arrest and "time served". That's about the only bullshit thing like that I can remember. But I WAS a bad kid then. So I deserved it.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
Have never changed the address, cuz never thought it was a big deal. but reason i got the suspended license is because I never paid the surcharge from my last ticket of no insurance. Because I never got the bill due to my address being wrong.
wow this is a very naive statement. Of course its important so they can locate you if you do anything illegal or if they have something to mail to you
Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
The only 2 things you can not go to jail for is open container and speeding.
wrong, i went to jail for speeding.....108 in a 50
Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

I wouldnt **** around, get that **** straight. Worse thing is to have anything on your driving record...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
wrong, i went to jail for speeding.....108 in a 50
you probably were not charged with speeding. That should be wreckless driving.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

yep cops can be nice or dicks

iv met some nice ones

100 in a 55 construction (Byran college station) and no insurance on the vehicle (didnt know wasnt mine) just got a ticket

110 in a 60 (just a ticket)

all of these have gone to a attorney for me the top one is still pending a year/half later but my record stays squeaky clean
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Launching!

Man, how about this Texas racketering.

I have just started to get over all this BS. It took me 6 months to get my liscence back. It wasn't because I didn't have the money at the begining, it was because I let it get too backed up. I had tickets from 2003-2008. I mean ALOT of tickets. I've paid out 7,000 and still have surcharges comeing in. The main hassle is that even when you talk to AUSTIN, they never really know how much you owe.

So you pay, then try to get your liscence then they bring up more stuff. That happens like 10 times before you get to the end of everything. Mostly it was just surcharges. I had like 2,000 in tickets, I paid those off right away. So then about two months ago I finally got my liscence back for the first time since 2003.

Then about a month ago I get a letter in the mail...after they told me no more surcharges. The letter was dated by the post office as 1/13/2009..The letter inside said if you do not pay this surcharge within 30 days your liscence will be suspended. The letter head was dated 12/12/2008. So they waited 31 days before they even MAILED it. I got it on the 15th of January. I called and sure enough, after driveing on a good liscence for about two weeks, it was already suspended again.

I paid the surcharge and just keep all the receipts with me. All 7,000 of them. Then the person said that even though their computer doesn't show that I owe any surcharges, they said they were sure I would have more if I had tickets within the last three years.

So good luck. If I would have known from day one it was going to be 7,000+ to get back on the road legally I would have probly just not paid. So I'm kinda glad they told me I only owed 2,000 at first. Because once you get like 3,000 deep there is no going back. There is a time when you gotta grow up and eat crow for that ****, so I did.

BTW ALL my tickets were for no liscence, insurance, and registration.

I don't see anything wrong with city or county cops writing tickets and the court charging money. That's all good, but when the state back doors and charges you three times as much as the first ticket, that's stupid. Anybody who pops in and says well that's to keep you from wanting to get a ticket, is just a dumbass who fell for the political bullshit they spoon fed you. lol I'm done.