Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see you Zane and Los....

RIP Chad
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

thanks to every1 who made it out. this was posted by mike @fistracing

To Chad: I hope we served your memory well this weekend, I hope we made you proud. You brought us all together, you showed us all what it is to be a community, what it is to be friends, what it is to be family….Thank you for this.

To Chad’s Family: Thank you for raising such a wonderful young man. I only had the pleasure of briefly meeting him twice when he came up to our shop. I will always remember his smile, he made the room glow when he entered. I knew he was a good person, you could just tell. It radiated from him. Hold your heads up high, there is an entire community behind you supporting you. If you should ever need anything, we are all here.

Thank you Houston-Imports for all the support in this. The Mods (especially ninjapleazee) helped tremendously, thank you to the site owners for the space and the help getting the word out.

Thank you Rowboat crew for helping get the word out and doing everything you did.

Thank you to the long time DSM guys, even though most of you don’t own DSMs anymore, you still came together REALLY strong to help set up and work ALL day long. While a few of you got close, I’m glad none of you passed out from heat exhaustion. This brotherhood is one of the things that makes me be proud to be part of your family.

Thank you Evan, with out your help, this wouldn’t have come together like it did. I enjoyed working with you, you were a tremendous help.

Thank you to Secret Services for hosting, helping, filling in the blanks, and just in general for all the support you gave.

Thank you to My guys for donating your time and effort for the past 2 weeks.

Thank you to Shami at Charlie Foxtrot Clothing for the shirts and Hard work getting them in time. For those that don’t know, Shami prints each and every one of her shirts 1 at a time by hand. She stayed up for nearly 48 hours straight printing these so that we would have them on time. She donated ALL of her time as well as ALL of the materials for this, that’s right, she just gave them to us so that we could give 100% of the money to the family. www.charliefoxtrotclothing.com

Thank you DJ Tito for donating your time to this. Music makes the world go round.

Thank you Stephen and “Skittles” for donating close to 1,000 drinks, and over 400 bags of chips to the event. Thank you also for running around at the last minute for me getting those tickets printed. You are always so generous. Thank you. They own a vending company called A & A Express Vending 832-493-4311

Thanks to my friend Jose at US Foodservices for Donating the 3 compartment to-go containers (the plates you ate off)

Thanks to Brian Manring for donating chips and pies Merchant’s Mart Cash and Carry 9300 Kirby Drive, Suite 700 Houston, TX 77054 713-669-9995

Thanks to Darla House at United Site Services for the discount and upgrades on the Porta Pottie rentals http://www.unitedsiteservices.com/

Thank you to EderLoco and Chilpolte for donating the Burritos to feed the volunteers

Thank you to Gilbert and the guys with EM1_Crew for shopping for the food, donating all that you did, slaving away on the pit all night Friday, and all day Saturday. Food was awesome, everyone enjoyed. A lot of hard work went into that. From what I understand, Gilbert has a catering company (if not, he should….the food really was that good …lol)

Thank you to Faisal and Gordon for working hard and donating all the stickers. Faisal donated 100% of his time and materials to make sure all the money went to the Family. Faisal’s company is Minuteman Press S.W. 9000 Southwest Frwy Suite100 Houston Texas 77074 Business Phone: 713-541-2258

Thank you Turbostang (Rowboat Crew) for donating the design work for the T-Shirts

Thank you Dark Demon (Rowboat Crew) For doing the design work for the Dyno Tickets. Thank you for putting up with me when at the very last minute I asked you to do some design work. You dropped everything you were doing so that those who ran on the Dyno could have a memento.

Thanks to Wally and Shedrick for coming out to be the official photographer and Videographer to ensure that the event was documented

Thank you Dyno Volunteers, not only did you all go to Dyno training 1 day last week, but you also worked your tails off in an Oven ALL day long. You suffered through it all with out a single complaint and you kept on trucking along. It is amazing what you all suffered through

Thank you Ed at PFS. Ed is a friend of mine who isn’t even in our car scene, although he is a car person. He dropped everything he was doing and offered to help. Every Porta-Cooler that was there was loaned to us by him, as well as most of the Tables, Ice (the cool crushed ice ) Extension cords, a box Truck to bring it all, and to top it all off, he came with us to help get ready the night before, and came and helped Saturday as well. Thank you very much for this. Ed is continuing to help today as he is getting Chad’s Parents keys for his Corvette.(Update, He just called me and His Company is (PFS) Professional Fleet http://www.profleetservice.com/

The majority of the people on the above list didn’t even ask to be on a thank you list, but I posted them because I feel we should support the places that support us. If you need these services, use these people.

Thank you to ALL the volunteers:
Jeremy(Tx97GST)
BrentCRX
Bethany
Dantheman
James92tsi
Rachael(Storm)
Rogelio(Tech2uned)
Manny
Gordon and Jessica
Big Sticks
Jim (captain crunch busta)
Tyler(94Caprice)
Stephen and Skittles
Johnny (DV8) and Doris
Matt (orange Cobra)
Ed
Evan
Dave
Pope
Gabriel
Corey
Russian Matt
David (roadragedetail)
Andrew (talonturbotsi94)
Ramon
RJ
If I missed everyone, I am really sorry, my head is still spinning from this weekend.

I really can not thank you enough for everything that you all did. As I’ve told a lot of you, I know you didn’t do it FOR me, but you did it for me This is the first time I have ever tried to set up anything like this, and I have to say thank you all for being patient with me as I freaked out non-stop for 11 days straight….lol The amount of people that pulled together for this really hit my heart hard. At one point on Saturday, I was doing my running around like a chicken with his head cut off impression, and someone really hit it home for me. Wally grabbed me and said “ Mike, it’s ok, what do you need, you have an ARMY of good people around you.” That refocused me. I took a deep breath and teared up. He was right. I was surrounded by a literal army of good people. People that had stopped everything in their life and come to work their tails off knowing the conditions they would be working in. People who put in work all day long and not one of them complained. It was truly amazing. The main reason I was freaking out is that I wanted this to be perfect for his family. I think it was. I think you all made it perfect. I don’t think it could have come out any better at all. It was all of your hard work that really made it possible.

Thank you to all the people that came out, Everyone really made a difference. I wish I would have had time to meet you all and to talk with you, I was just too busy running around checking on everything all day. I wish I could have had more time to meet people. Thank you for understanding when we stopped taking names for the Dyno. I made that call because I looked at the volunteers, and I made a judgment call, they just physically couldn’t take anymore, they would have if they had been asked, but I couldn’t do that to them. I decided to be the bad guy and say stop, they are done.

Now for the awesome news everyone has been waiting for. I made a goal for the total donations when this started. I wanted to raise $10,000. I thought it was a realistic goal, hard to achieve, but not impossible. Part of the key was to get the items donated so there was as little donations spent on things as possible. The only things that had to be paid for was some of the food, the porta-potties, the water, and the flyers. Everything else was donated. I am proud to say, we exceeded my goal. YOU exceeded my goal. Awesome job everyone. The break down is as follows:

PayPal donations- $3,661.53
T-shirt, Dyno, sticker sales- $5,752.35
Food and general donations- $4,965.71
Total money raised- $14,379.59

Awesome Awesome job guys!!!!!!!!

Mike Collins
Forced Induction Solutions & Tuning
F.I.S.T. Racing
(832) 775-0981
www.fist-racing.com
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

That is awesome, good to hear the event did so well.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Teching In

This is Mopar-mike (aka: ChadMods dad)

I Just wanted to thank all of you who showed up for the benefit for our son. He was very well known and loved in the auto racing, car shows and motorcycle groups. He was always the first one to offer a helping hand to a fellow gear-head. I've know him to race a total stranger (when he had his 2005 SI with all Acura drive train), beat him and then the next day he would have him over our house working on this guy's car just so he could beat Chad the next time. This is how he was, always kind, polite and generous to everyone he met.

If you met him, the first time he was like a wall flower at a dance, shy would hardly talk to anyone. But as soon as he got to know you, he open himself up and showed his true colors. He was so funny and always clowning around.

On his 21st birthday he sold the SI and bought a 2003 Black Z06, put half down and financed the rest. His insurance for full coverage was only $148 per month. Once his friends found out it was cheaper to own a Vette than a Supra or GT Mustang, they all started selling their tuners and bought Vettes.

Anyway, his mother, sister and I are all Broken Hearted and miss him terribly. We haven't even cleaned his room yet. Sometimes I go upstairs to his room and lay down on his dirty clothes and just smell him . . . and cry . . . and cry . . .

Well, thank you for reading this thread, and I can hardly wait to get his Z06 back this week from the restoration shop . . . spent $18k. So, if you see a Black Z06 driviing around the Katy area, with license plates that say, "JUSTGO". Give us the thumbs up, because Chad is very, very busy these days being a guardian angel for all of you.

Love Ya All, and drive safe, but still have fun,

Mopar-Mike (aka: ChadMods Dad)
Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Default To Mike at Fisk Racing and all who helped

This is Chads Dad, and I just found this site last night. Mike . . . I am in tears with all you have said and all the hard work to the people you mentioned above.

It is people like you that has made me a great believer in the "Human Race"! There was every race, creed, color, nationality, religious beliefs, business people, etc. at the benefit and everyone showed so much love, compassion and respect for our dearly loved Chad. All of you that have ever met him know how wonderful and special person that he was. Those of you who did not ever meet him, well I can proudly say that I am so happy for all of you, as you all now have one of the most caring and giving "Guardian Angels" with you at all times. If you ever feel down and think times are tough for you, all you need to do is say a prayer to your lord and ask him to send ChadMod to help guide you in the right direction.

Remember what I said in my speach at the Benefit . . . "Tell everone you care about, you LOVE them . . . EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE EACH OTHER" You never know when it will be your last chance. Two hours before his acident, I hugged him, kissed him (on the mouth) and said, "I LOVE YOU, SON . . . YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME . . . AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL!"

You see, I knew he was going out that night to help Costas to break in his new bike so they could go on the Bike Ralley the next day. Had I known he was going to "Do the Loop", I would have been a bit more demanding in his plans for the evening.

Oh, an Edd from PFS will have Chad's Z06 finally ready for his mother and I to enjoy for eternity. Thank You Edd, and especially Ben (Edd's shop manager), who I have come to Love so dearly and cherish his conversations about him and his son.

Love to All, Drive safe, but have fun,

Mopar-Mike (aka: ChadMods Dad)
Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

as a father to a 2.5 year old boy and a 5 month old little girl, i can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

to have a son for 20 years and then all of a sudden not see him ever again just makes me sick to my stomach.

stay strong Mike.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Default Sorry on the typo . . . FISTRACING !

Sorry Mike, I knew in my head and heart the name of the company. But I am still a stinking mess and my mind, heart and body are just not connected yet.

Mopar-Mike
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by imlooking
as a father to a 2.5 year old boy and a 5 month old little girl, i can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

to have a son for 20 years and then all of a sudden not see him ever again just makes me sick to my stomach.

stay strong Mike.
I pray every night that all of you will NEVER EVER feel what my wife, Sheree, daughter, Jessica and myself have been going through.

Spend every possible moment you can with your children, teach them right from wrong, and how to show LOVE!

Mopar-mike (aka:ChadMods Dad)
Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm really sorry for your loss! I pray that God will sustain you through this difficult time.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mike its me Joey aka GRANDPA. That was an awesome event and everyone that showed up I give props. Mike if you need someone to talk to give me a call..you have my number. God Bless and take it easy. Tell the family I said hello.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:02 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I was glad to have been there for the event Mike, stay strong.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Teching In

that event was amazing... I called in sick to work just so i could insure that i would be there...