Machine shop layoffs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steveo346
hey i told you to apply for what im doing...your a chuntaro and have the upper hand on being able to talk to the wets....lol

all jokes aside that does suck man, you can come stay with me,and ill take over the payments on the 5th gen if ya want
thanks but ill pass on the offer. the payments are not a issue at all. ill just revert to running my Detail business fulltime now. went ahead and got my dba and tax id so that im completely legit! the 2010 ss isnt going anywhere.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned

how much did you pay for yours? I went to strickland today and they are tacking on 3k on top of sticker. I refuse to pay over sticker. If they want that much I will just pass on a 5th gen altogether!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
how much did you pay for yours? I went to strickland today and they are tacking on 3k on top of sticker. I refuse to pay over sticker. If they want that much I will just pass on a 5th gen altogether!
paid invoice on mine 32,000$ just order where i did they are selling at msrp. i got mine at invoice due to the fact that i once worked there a long time ago and kept good contacts there. if you do decide to buy from norman frede chevrolet see Richard schoolcraft. he worked my deal and i didnt leave there feeling like i got reamed!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

I might go see him thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 PM

I think Nick was looking for CNC programmers. He's running Mazaks there!!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...achininst.html
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Sucks to hear about layoff I got laid off from Toyota and now work at Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio. I actually do alot of 14A test for you guys that work at Baker Hughes and Schlumberger. At SwRI they are always hiring various positions and have not had a mass layoff ever, its a nice place to work.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADZ
I think Nick was looking for CNC programmers. He's running Mazaks there!!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...achininst.html
yea i emailed and pmmed him on that. no reply as of yet thanks for the heads up!!

Originally Posted by Fubar
Sucks to hear about layoff I got laid off from Toyota and now work at Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio. I actually do alot of 14A test for you guys that work at Baker Hughes and Schlumberger. At SwRI they are always hiring various positions and have not had a mass layoff ever, its a nice place to work.
yea at the time i got the job i was competing with about 40 other candidates for the programmer position. and when i accepted the job i was guaranteed that any sort of layoff wouldnt affect me. guess they were wrong.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Hate to hear this Joe, good luck and you can see what I had to do to find work, Corpus Cristi now lol
Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Keep your head up, your extremely talented and will find something soon! I'll give you a shout tomorrow!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Teching In

hey joe i heard carquest is hiring apply within sorry to hear about the luck check out monster
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
anyone here work for a large company that has done any layoffs recently? i was working for baker hughes doing cnc programming and the last few weeks i had a feeling that the inevitable was coming! all my supervisors and whatnot kept denying it would happen! well i went in to work my shift tonite and got called in immediately. my job was eliminated along with many others who had less then 10 yrs working with them. it sucks but was completely out of my control. now on to figuring out what im going to do for a replacement job! anyone looking to hire a cnc programmer?
We are hiring for a night position currently if you are interested....We're not as big as Baker but we have tons of work till 2015...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
anyone here work for a large company that has done any layoffs recently? i was working for baker hughes doing cnc programming and the last few weeks i had a feeling that the inevitable was coming! all my supervisors and whatnot kept denying it would happen! well i went in to work my shift tonite and got called in immediately. my job was eliminated along with many others who had less then 10 yrs working with them. it sucks but was completely out of my control. now on to figuring out what im going to do for a replacement job! anyone looking to hire a cnc programmer?
My staffing company has several CNC jobs open right now. Call my Greenspoint location @ 281-260-8018. Ask for Annette or Litza. Also my The Woodlands office has a few CNC jobs open. Call 281-296-7133 and ask for Ina. My girls will take care of you.

Troy.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nick K
We are hiring for a night position currently if you are interested....We're not as big as Baker but we have tons of work till 2015...
thanks Nick! was a pleasure speaking with you today.

Originally Posted by xtc4us
My staffing company has several CNC jobs open right now. Call my Greenspoint location @ 281-260-8018. Ask for Annette or Litza. Also my The Woodlands office has a few CNC jobs open. Call 281-296-7133 and ask for Ina. My girls will take care of you.

Troy.
thanks for the offer Troy. appreciate that.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear about your misfortune. i was laid off back in Feb, and im still trying to find employment.

i hope that you are able to collect unemployment benefits during this time, and i encourage you to get that process started ASAP, since it takes time for everything to fall in place.

wish you the best!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
sorry to hear about your misfortune. i was laid off back in Feb, and im still trying to find employment.

i hope that you are able to collect unemployment benefits during this time, and i encourage you to get that process started ASAP, since it takes time for everything to fall in place.

wish you the best!
its all good no need to feel sorry for me. there are people in much worse positions than i with no choice. i consider myself lucky to know what i know and to possess the talents that i do. im also very confident in my abilities so im usually pretty quick at putting myself in a better situation. on the unemployement ive already taken care of that. hope everything comes together in your situation as well.

-peace
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 AM
01z
TECH Regular

i work cnc and they laid off a ton of people and seem to be doing alot more "random" drug testing than usual. im just glad to be getting my 40 so im not bitching.

Quick Reply: Machine shop layoffs