Ufc 100

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
It is not that Lesnar doesnt have experience, it is just a true wrestling background, and developed up from there. e was the real deal before WWE, so to say he has no skills means you dont know **** yourself.

He has adapted well and knows how to use his strength, the technique he used in the first round is not something you ever see, seemed like skill to me, Mir could do nothing, made him look like a amateur, and Mir has LOTS of experience, he is just fighting a different animal. The first time they fought was BS since he got hit in the back of the head, hence Lesnar taking more time and plotting the attack instead of assaulting like an animal(which he is though).

Man has shown SERIOUS improvement from the first time they met.

I still wanna see him murder Kimbo
Couldnt agree with you more. He comes from a REAL wrestling background. Not the WWE bs. He may only have 4 mma fights but give the guy credit. He can fight. He knew what he needed to do with Mir. That was keep him from getting into a position where he would get into trouble. Mir is a very tactical fighter. Lesnar brings shear power to the ring. Mir didnt impress me in that fight, everyone knows he is better than that. Lesnar just put Mir into a position where he had nothing to work with.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Lesner rocked Mir. He will destroy anyone that gets in the ring with him.
Fedor would send Lesner home crying...
Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Everyone says that, but I will believe it when I see it. We will see it sometime in the future.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

I would not be so quick to dismiss Lesnar and I do not think Fedor would dominate Lesnar in the octagon. Several notable pride fighters have not done well in the cage. CroCop comes to mind as one most notable examples. If they were to fight in a boxing ring I would give the edge to Fedor. In any case, Dana White saying the fight is going to happen is not going to make it so. Fedor and his management team have made it very clear in the past he does not like the details/stipulations in the UFC contract.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I would not be so quick to dismiss Lesnar and I do not think Fedor would dominate Lesnar in the octagon. Several notable pride fighters have not done well in the cage. CroCop comes to mind as one most notable examples. If they were to fight in a boxing ring I would give the edge to Fedor. In any case, Dana White saying the fight is going to happen is not going to make it so. Fedor and his management team have made it very clear in the past he does not like the details/stipulations in the UFC contract.
it's cause he actually likes to fight and compete. signing his life away to UFC would not allow that to happen.

obviously yall have never seen Fedor fight if you think Lesner would stand a chance. Fedor is the most skilled fighter in the world, with his power and speed even somebody as big and strong as Lesner wouldn't stand a chance. There is a reason Fedor has won 5 different major championships, if Dana would stop being a dbag and sign Fedor to his terms he would easily have 6.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
it's cause he actually likes to fight and compete. signing his life away to UFC would not allow that to happen.

obviously yall have never seen Fedor fight if you think Lesner would stand a chance. Fedor is the most skilled fighter in the world, with his power and speed even somebody as big and strong as Lesner wouldn't stand a chance. There is a reason Fedor has won 5 different major championships, if Dana would stop being a dbag and sign Fedor to his terms he would easily have 6.
Thus the very reason we will never see this fight. Dana White is an inflexible ***** and Fedor is never going to sign a UFC contract. I don't blame him for it either. We can all argue about who's better, but until we see them fight, its just speculation. For the record I have seen Fedor fight, he has fought some outstanding fighters and quite few cans as well. You cannot use fighter math to determine who would be the victor in this never going to happen match-up. Everyone thought Mirko would ride roughshod over the fighters in the UFC. Mirko went the distance and managed to NOT get KO'd by Fedor, still lost the decision. Then he comes to the UFC and gets KTFO in his 2nd fight and by his own signature head-hunting move no less.

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 07-14-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

lol gonzaga damn near took crocops head off
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Thus the very reason we will never see this fight. Dana White is an inflexible ***** and Fedor is never going to sign a UFC contract. I don't blame him for it either. We can all argue about who's better, but until we see them fight, its just speculation. For the record I have seen Fedor fight, he has fought some outstanding fighters and quite few cans as well. You cannot use fighter math to determine who would be the victor in this never going to happen match-up. Everyone thought Mirko would ride roughshod over the fighters in the UFC. Mirko went the distance and managed to NOT get KO'd by Fedor, still lost the decision. Then he comes to the UFC and gets KTFO in his 2nd fight and by his own signature head-hunting move no less.
That CroCop fight means very little, Fedor had a hand injury and still dominated CroCop at his peak, he even said that's why he didn't try a submission.

Fedor ran through Sylvia and Arlovski in the first round, both former UFC Heavyweight belt holders. His coming Barnett fight should be interesting.

On paper and in the ring Fedor has proven to be the best MMA fighter...ever. There is no reason to think a new to the sport Lesner would even stand a chance....and I believe the fight will happen.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

2 slow, you have not been around lately
Old 07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
2 slow, you have not been around lately
been busy
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I believe it would be a good fight, but Fedor would not just blow thru Lesnar. Especially if Lesnar gets him on the ground. As you can see, he has not has an opponent yet that he did not take down with the most of ease. There are some Lesnar haters, but you just have to admit, the guy is a force to be reckoned with.

I will be in the told you so wagon when it happens
Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez are supposed to fight in October at Ufc 104. The winner gets Lesnar. Looks like Fedor wont get a shot. I was just reading this on yahoo's front page.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez are supposed to fight in October at Ufc 104. The winner gets Lesnar. Looks like Fedor wont get a shot. I was just reading this on yahoo's front page.
And both have wrestling backround, as does Bobby Lashly.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I believe it would be a good fight, but Fedor would not just blow thru Lesnar. Especially if Lesnar gets him on the ground. As you can see, he has not has an opponent yet that he did not take down with the most of ease. There are some Lesnar haters, but you just have to admit, the guy is a force to be reckoned with.

I will be in the told you so wagon when it happens
I understand what you are saying, but Lesner is going to have a hell of a time taking him to the ground (where Fedor is still a badass)

Fedor has ridiculous striking that will keep Lesner at bay, and if he gets within grappling range Fedor will use his great takedown defense which he is widely known for. The only reason Lesner dominated Mir is cause Mir is not known for his take down defense or striking.

Couture and Mir took Lesnar to Rd 2, and Heath took Lesnar to a decision.

Lesnar is good because of his size, strength and strictly wrestling background but Fedor's skill set is far superior to anybody else in MMA. It would be a great fight to see, but I can't imagine it getting to Rd 2.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

bisphing got knock the pluck out
Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

either one of these guys can give lesnar a challenge. especially Carwin that guy is a ******* beast. His hands are bigger than lesnars as well. i could see carwin with the belt in the future easily.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Brock would seriously have no chance against Fedor at his current skill level.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Lesnar would bang Carwin up.

The ONLY fighter i will admit has a chance is Fedor, but all that soccer kicking and **** doesnt fly in the UFC, Lesnar would still beat him in my opinion, BUT, it would be the battle of the ages. Fedor might not be able to adapt to UFC in his initial fight and lose points for returning to what he knows, seen it happen too many times.

Lesnars ability to strike hard even when he is gassed is amazing, guys that big usually lose their ability to have heavy hands, but Lesnar is not your usual fighter.