longtubes and oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well after about 15 seconds with the new tool it came off and i switched it to an ac delco and got it to where this problem shouldn't ever happen again, on a side note as soon as i changed my oil my pressure was higher at one point it was at 60 psi at idle when its normally at 40 anyone know why?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is usually higher for a few minutes until the car warms up the first time, after that its gravy
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Launching!

probably cause the oil should have been changed the day you got it... Thick/dirty oil causes low oil pressure.

One other thing that might help, put the car on a lift. It's a lot easier working while standing than working while laying. Find a shop hook-up. Or just work at one like me...

Oh... and I would not recommend using an AC Delco. They suck. K&N all the way. Their oil filters have been proven to be much better, unlike their air filters...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Oh... and I would not recommend using an AC Delco. They suck. K&N all the way. Their oil filters have been proven to be much better, unlike their air filters...
actually K&N's have been proven, on this very site, to fall apart and disintegrate internally, just an FYI. i would use nothing but ac-delco's in mine over K&N any day
Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
actually K&N's have been proven, on this very site, to fall apart and disintegrate internally, just an FYI. i would use nothing but ac-delco's in mine over K&N any day
x2 ive read it too many times and have heard nothing negative about ac delco id also use stp Ive use it in my cobra and chevelle and camaro and have had 0 problems with them
Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

probably cause the oil should have been changed the day you got it... Thick/dirty oil causes low oil pressure.

One other thing that might help, put the car on a lift. It's a lot easier working while standing than working while laying. Find a shop hook-up. Or just work at one like me...

i checked it as soon as we got the car it was clean and was idling around and now its around 50 55 its weird and my service engine light just came on too
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Idk about that whole K&N thing. I've never read a thread like that. I could be wrong tho. It wouldn't be the first time...

OP: Don't worry bro. I'm in the same boat as you. I just bought a new car about a week and a half ago, and I'm still knocking down all the problems too.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive never heard a bad thing about k&n oil filters, anybody wanna link to the threads yall speak of?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used both AC-Delco and K&N oil filters for 13 years and have never had a problem with either one of them.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

thin dirty oil produces low oil psi. not thick oil. mostly because its diluted with small amounts of gasoline and combustion byproducts. and as far as filters go the a/c delco has been the best ive used. the k&n filters only advantage is that it has a nut welded to the bottom and thats it. the k&n filters no more or less than the delco product.