gas warning in garland

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas warning in garland

Just an FYI for anyone in the north Dallas (Garland) area. I put a few gallons of gas in my car (Premium) from the RaceTrac on the corning of Shiloh and Buckingham. My car spit and sputtered until I added gas from a station a block up the road. The problem cleared within a few blocks. I've been getting gas at that RaceTrac for years and this is the first time this has happened this bad. I don't think they are trying to scam anyone, but they may have a fuel issue.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

race trac gas blows... at my old job not too far from shiloh/buckingham there was a race trac across the street and i actually saw them with a water hose in the gas tanks really early in the morning one time... i guess you risk that anywhere though but their gas sucks anyway... chevron has much better gas
Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

Thats fucked up if they are adding water to the tanks.....
Old 08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

well it happened about 6-7 years ago but still it is messed up... i'm sure it happens at other places too but needless to say i haven't bought gas from race trac since
Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Launching!

You can bet I'll be purchasing my gas someplace other than racetrac for now on. The only reason I started to use them was because they were so close to my house.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Launching!

this happened to me one time when i purchased gas from a Pilot truck stop, as soon as i started it up it sputtered and wanted to die i had to keep giving it gas till i got on the highway and eventually it ran better I guess the truck adjusted to the crappy gas. Never happened since and I still buy gas there on the way home sometimes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Teching In

i've experimented with various brands of gas. and racetrac is by far the worse that i have used. the only gas i use is chevron. best performance, and fuel mileage. with racetrac i would regularly get pinging, and scan and get knock retard. my fuel mileage would drop 1.5-2mpg. chevron no knock/pinging ever and very consistent mileage.