P0102??? code!!! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0102??? code!!! help!!

Well have this code on my car right now , what can cause this too happen??!! Man I changed already the air filter wich was like ****! Changed my plugs wich look like it was running sorta lean.... what now? Feals like when I'm driving the car for a while or gets hot , the car down shifts too 4th gear I guess and starts shaking?... or like it feals like its hessitating to move and accelarate. I tought the plugs was the ones that was causing this but guess not lol .... so anyone know what can be causing all this hessitation? Could it be a maf issue? Or trans is fucked?!?! Thanks, o and if anyone is close to the alvin area and knows a lot about these fbodies ill let u drive it to help me determine the cause . And more then likely a lot of these damn words r miss spelled bwhahahah lol thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Call Derrick at Morris Motorsports. Hes a great guy and his shop is in Alvin. He does a tun of work on my f-body.. Link to his website is in my sig.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I bet you blew your Engine Sensor Fuse. Look up front in your fuse boxes and check it out. It's a 20amp fuse.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:02 PM
8 Sec Tuner

We are in Pearland and have tons of ls1 experience! Swing by it sounds like a easy fix.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey mike pm sent , been to your shop before.... and i will check that out carlos thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks everyone for the pms who are helping out!! .... want to get this stuff fix cause its driving me crazy since i got this damn car!!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
FormerVendor

What air filter did you put in? If it's a K&N style, it might have had too much oil and some of it might have gotten on the MAF. If that is the case, use some electronic parts cleaner and spray off the MAF with that. Also as suggested ablove check your Engine Sensor fuse.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i will check the sensor fuse , and its a volant filter , been happening since the old busted *** filter it had lol just never drove the car so didnt fix ... but it pisses me off cause i do one wot hit on it and shut it down , then about 1 min later it will start hessitating bad ... any other ideas? when it down shifts to 4th gear and try to give it little gas like to accelarate it hessitates ... help!!! lol
Old 09-28-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude have you checked the fuse yet?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by red281gt
i will check the sensor fuse , and its a volant filter , been happening since the old busted *** filter it had lol just never drove the car so didnt fix ... but it pisses me off cause i do one wot hit on it and shut it down , then about 1 min later it will start hessitating bad ... any other ideas? when it down shifts to 4th gear and try to give it little gas like to accelarate it hessitates ... help!!! lol
ur car can't downshift to 4th jose, u only have 4 gears in that auto..

Check the fuse it takes 30 secs if that.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

bring it by homo. I will take you by a buddies shop and get a full vehicle scan done.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
lol no im getting off of work right now and going to go do it lol ... and dru if problem dont get solved today well right now ill go by tomorrow have school in a little ... thanks again everyone !!!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol no im getting off of work right now and going to go do it lol ... and dru if problem dont get solved today well right now ill go by tomorrow have school in a little ... thanks again everyone !!!

i wants to get the **** fix before going to get tuned at gforce ... most people who knows me what trouble i went trough with the damn mustang on fucken tunning issues lol
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok well yes that fuse was blown, took off the fuse insert new and still runs like **** lol .... so what now ladies and jents , maybe low voltage to the maf now? and dru if u see this will be going to ur house after work my phone is gay and does not work right now ...
Old 09-29-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

So the car running like **** is something that started recently or has it been running like that? If it started recently did you mess with anything or change something on the car before it started running like crap? The P0102 code is the MAF low frequency issue but it can also be caused by that blown fuse. If the fuse keeps blowing your 02 sensor wires may be touching the headers or are shorting out because they are either burnt or have some exposed wire. Also clean your MAF sensors or try another MAF like Matt mentioned.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

So the car running like **** is something that started recently or has it been running like that? If it started recently did you mess with anything or change something on the car before it started running like crap? The P0102 code is the MAF low frequency issue but it can also be caused by that blown fuse. If the fuse keeps blowing your 02 sensor wires may be touching the headers or are shorting out because they are either burnt or have some exposed wire. Also clean your MAF sensors or try another MAF like Matt mentioned.
If that fool will hurry up he could have it running already LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
If that fool will hurry up he could have it running already LOL
True that. He don't sound like he is any rush
Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

will be going to drus house today , on the bright side my check engine light came off yesterday when i was driving it for a little , it still feals like it sputters while i drive it , and well nothing is touching headers , i guess im going to clean the maf and the electrical wire going in it ...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

will be going to drus house today , on the bright side my check engine light came off yesterday when i was driving it for a little , it still feals like it sputters while i drive it , and well nothing is touching headers , i guess im going to clean the maf and the electrical wire going in it ...
If it’s a stock tune and the MAF is dirty, it could be seeing false KR, pulling timing out and that’s why its hesitating and running like crap….

Happened on my 00 SS. Dirty maf, was pulling timing down to 16* and would make the car hesitate and stutter… cleaned the maf and it ran like a champ.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that happened to my friends car dirty mass air flow n the car would just shut off... so clean the MAF and also check your intake tube that connects to the throttle body n make sure it on all the way...

Quick Reply: P0102??? code!!! help!!