refinancing the house, positive experience!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default refinancing the house, positive experience!

To start off with this morning was very aggravating trying to find the right person/company to refinance the house. I got married in april and finally got around to doing this and it sucked at first. me and my wife were told that quicken was a good company so called them up. The guy was very pushy and for a loan totalling 144k he in the end tried to get us to finance 158k for extra fees. We quickly ran from that guy. Resource 1 and bank of america were very helpful. In the end we chose bank of america and ended up with 2k of closing costs and a very pleasant transaction. If you are refinancing dont hesitate to use bank of america our agent was very knowledgable and kind, made it a stress free and enjoyable. His name was bill and works in dallas. if anybody needs more info feel free to ask/pm. Stay away from quicken there closing costs were atleast 6k that they showed upfront im sure much more
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah Ive been with Bank of America for 17years now (Back when they where Nations Bank) and When I bought my house they where the first people I called and came out with a great interst rate at the time ,but decided to go through my builder just cause the deal was to stupid to pass up.Now that weve been in the house a few years.It wouldnt hurt to get the interest of todays times.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

cant say enough good things about bank of america, they even were able to waive having the house reappraised which would have been 4-500. the agent was a very knowledgable and personable too though. Quicken on the other hand was trying to act like they were doing us a favor and saving us money and that no one would be better then they were, atleast thats how that agent portrayed it. He got mad when i told him we wouldnt sign and told me i was making a big mistake lol
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

We just went through Bank of America and ended up skipping a payment and it dropped our payments around $100 each month! Our interest rate is much lower now as well.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

right now is a great time to refinance! Interest rates are low. The only thing i would worry about is if the bank collapses. Scary times. But for those who are willing to take the financial risk... could pay off well.

glad to hear about your experience.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

could have got a lower rate with other loans but we got 5.35% with excellent credit on a 30yr