need help hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help hit and run

Earlier today i was pulled out of class ( im in high school) by the cops. I was told my car was hit and the person fled but they had acouple of witnesses that got the license plate number. I was also parked next to the school's camera so im hoping that it was caught on camera. The shitty part about all of this is that the license plate brought up a 70's era truck that has not been registered since '93 as i was told from the cop. If they are able to catch this guy what do i need to do to get my baby fixed?

Pics of damage:

Last edited by camAro242; 10-20-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call your insurance company. Tell them the situation, and get a police report. That sucks. Last year my gf and I were involved in a hit and run. She was driving and the guy just ran right into her and took off. I told her to follow him and we blew 2 red lights so I could get his LP#. It didn't help, and the 2 red lights we blew (was hoping to catch him on camera) had cameras that weren't operating. FAIL!
Hope you have better luck than we did.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

i tried to get a police report written but the cop said he couldnt do it cuz this happened yesterday so im hoping that it was caught on camera. I only have liability insurance so it doesnt help any if they dont catch him
Old 10-20-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks. I would like to see some pictures from further away. It is kind of hard to tell what you are looking at when the pictures are so close up. The damage doesn't look too bad, but its not something anyone wants to deal with, especially on a highschooler's budget. Goodluck.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juicy J
That sucks. I would like to see some pictures from further away. It is kind of hard to tell what you are looking at when the pictures are so close up. The damage doesn't look too bad, but its not something anyone wants to deal with, especially on a highschooler's budget. Goodluck.
it doesnt look too bad from a distance, i just hate looking at that hole
Old 10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Post up the license plate number and as much information on the truck as you can. We can all keep an eye out for it.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

How many areas got hit?? You posted pics of the side fender and then the front bumper and then the lower part of the bumper?????

Take a few pics from a few feet out so you can see the whole picture.

Last edited by THE BLACK WIDOW; 10-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Banned

Good luck..... without a police report, you are probably pissing in the wind.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
How many areas got hit?? You posted pics of the side fender and then the front bumper and then the lower part of the bumper?????

+2 - I was wonder if the side was hit and he swung back around to get the front.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
+2 - I was wonder if the side was hit and he swung back around to get the front.
It was a BIG truck....
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

i tried getting the plate # and all he kept telling me is it was a black truck and that it brought up a old registered truck, im dealing with the school district police(katy isd police) on this so in their eyes they see a dumb 18 year old high school student. Ill go out and take a few more pics before it gets too dark

Edit: pics added

Last edited by camAro242; 10-20-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Before insurance gets to it, have a buddy with a truck to back into your car onto the hood so you can get that hood painted lol.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Before insurance gets to it, have a buddy with a truck to back into your car onto the hood so you can get that hood painted lol.
i wish, im gunna replace the hood with a SS or sunco whenever i get money again
Old 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck bro, my car was hit last year while I was driving and the chick ran. It was at like 2 in the morning, I made an officer come out so I could make a report, I even had her plate number. I still haven't heard anything back, I've been checking with PD about every month. Its only been 15 months....
Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Teching In

You're pretty much screwed sad to say. Something similar happened to me when I was in HS, actually twice. First time I was almost to school and this ******* came around me at a stop sign and did similar damage to what you have. I got out to see, he hauled *** into school, so I followed and got plates and the parking pass #. School wouldn't help and when I called the cops out they said it was my word versus his since I left the scene.

Second time, apparently somebody tried to park next to me, and scraped all along the side then took off. The really sad part is I always parked away from everybody so I didn't have door dings and scrapes. I didn't even bother to pursue it since a month earlier like 12 cars had been broken into and the cameras weren't on for that.

Lesson to be learned is alot of people don't respect other peoples ****.

Good luck though.