Let's go Cowboys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I am feeling pretty confident. Beating a team 3 times in one season is a tough task, but it happens more often than not, which alot of people don't seem to know. Out of the 19 times a team has been in the same position as the Cowboys, 12 times they have won that 3rd game. So if you are into stats (which I am not, but they can be fun) 63% of the time the team that won the first 2, has gone on to win the 3rd. The Eagles are 0-4 against playoff teams this season.

The odds look pretty good for the Cowboys, but the Eagles do good when they are the under dog.

I get pumped up just thinking about this game.

no doubt J!! alot of people were riding high on the eagles because of the 6 game win streak.. but if you look at the teams they beat 0 are in the playoffs!!! like i told the eagle fans on the other thread, the eagles have no running game and there offense is mainly screens and deep *****. westbrook was held to 5 carries for 17 yards. i think this dallas team is alot better than the 13-3 team.

i want to see more of ogletree!!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
no doubt J!! alot of people were riding high on the eagles because of the 6 game win streak.. but if you look at the teams they beat 0 are in the playoffs!!! like i told the eagle fans on the other thread, the eagles have no running game and there offense is mainly screens and deep *****. westbrook was held to 5 carries for 17 yards.
We have a very good secondary. We should be able to stop the big plays, which offensively seems to be all the Eagles have. As long as we can keep stopping those big plays we should be all right. I hope that we can get some more coverage on Celek this game.

The thing we have to watch out for is the blitz. Expect to see alot of it this coming game, and probably a couple of sacks on Romo. That is the thing that worries me. Romo has been doing alot better under pressure then I can ever remember though.

The two key things going into this game imo are to keep Romo protected, and prevent the deep *****. We did that on Sunday, but we just need to do it one more time. Another thing that is important is to mess up any kind of rhythem Mcnabb has in the 1st quarter. This will get the Cowboys on a role, and keep the Eagles frustrated.

i think this dallas team is alot better than the 13-3 team.
I absolutely agree. Romo is finally maturing, and the team has the right mentallity going into the playoffs. Romo is flawless right now. This is the first time I have felt confidence in the Cowboys ability to stay consistent.

They are pretty dominant right now, and I don't think any of the play off teams would be too excited to play the Cowboys.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

We have a very good secondary. We should be able to stop the big plays, which offensively seems to be all the Eagles have. As long as we can keep stopping those big plays we should be all right. I hope that we can get some more coverage on Celek this game.

The thing we have to watch out for is the blitz. Expect to see alot of it this coming game, and probably a couple of sacks on Romo. That is the thing that worries me. Romo has been doing alot better under pressure then I can ever remember though.

The two key things going into this game imo are to keep Romo protected, and prevent the deep *****. We did that on Sunday, but we just need to do it one more time. Another thing that is important is to mess up any kind of rhythem Mcnabb has in the 1st quarter. This will get the Cowboys on a role, and keep the Eagles frustrated.

I absolutely agree. Romo is finally maturing, and the team has the right mentallity going into the playoffs. Romo is flawless right now. This is the first time I have felt confidence in the Cowboys ability to stay consistent.

They are pretty dominant right now, and I don't think any of the play off teams would be too excited to play the Cowboys.

couldnt have said it any better man!! i think this team knows what it takes to win in playoff games after the playoff loss to the giants. i just hope they come out aggressive and play lights out... if you watched andy reids interview after the game, he said " we gotta go back to the drawing board".. to me that means he has no clue how to shut down dallas on both sides of the ball. they were held to 16 in the first meeting, then shut out the 2nd.

they need to put #21 Jenkins on jackson all day long.. that guy is a BALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
couldnt have said it any better man!! i think this team knows what it takes to win in playoff games after the playoff loss to the giants. i just hope they come out aggressive and play lights out... if you watched andy reids interview after the game, he said " we gotta go back to the drawing board".. to me that means he has no clue how to shut down dallas on both sides of the ball. they were held to 16 in the first meeting, then shut out the 2nd.
I don't think Reid can really do a whole lot. The Cowboys are prepared to defend against whatever the Eagles throw at them on both sides of the ball. As I said, stop the blitz, and prevent those deep *****.

The Cowboys style really works against the Eagles on both sides of the ball. At least it did on Sunday. The Eagles only chance are run plays that keep a reciever open deep down the field, and also protect Mcnabb and give him some time in the pocket.

Then again, the Eagles sometimes come out of nowhere, and play some football you can forget they are capable of.

I could drive myself crazy thinking of all the possibilities in this game, but I am so damn excited. I know that the Cowboys really have a chance to win a playoff game, and I really hope they pull this off.

they need to put #21 Jenkins on jackson all day long.. that guy is a BALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenkins is looking great. You have to remember that Desean isn't the only reciever on that team. Maclin is looking great as well. Just got to prevent these guys from getting down the field.

AND NO MORE F'ING PENALTIES. Oh my god this drives me nuts. Our lineman are ridiculous. Just got to keep your fingers crossed that Romo can keep on converting on 3rd and 20.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jenkins is looking great. You have to remember that Desean isn't the only receiver on that team. Maclin is looking great as well. Just got to prevent these guys from getting down the field.
Yes, do not forget where Maclin is on the field, although Jackson is their premier receiver, Maclin will burn the secondary when they're not looking..he has that ability...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my tickets for Saturdays game!! Go Boys!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Texas Director

I think Dallas will see a different Philly team this Sunday compared to last week. It's very difficult to beat a team three times in a season in the NFL. I still think the Cowboys will win and the difference is Dallas' defense. Something clicked a few weeks ago when the Cowboys pretty much shut down New Orleans' offense and they continued that great defense by posting back to back shut-outs.

Dallas wins in a close one 20-13.

Go Cowboys!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't hope anything for Roy, except that he loses his starter position. That guy disgusts me. The guy doesn't want to play football. He can't run a route, he can't catch a ball if it hits him in the head, and he smiles when he misses an easy catch. The guy just doesn't care. The quicker the Cowboys can get rid of him, the happier I will be.

Roy keeps saying in interviews, that when he gets his chance, he will show what he is capable of. How many f'ing chances does this guy need?

In case anyone missed it during the game, here are the completion percentages:
Witten - 72%
Austin - 66%
Crayton - 65%
Williams - 45%

What a joke. The guy has alot of work to do before I change my opinion on him.

Roy Williams can go back to Detriot, Miles Austin is taking the best reciever role! I love the Cowboys, and LOVE their chances! Romo scares me like no other... He has been playin great! Lets pray he plays that way when its on the line!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!

COWBOYS VS. CHARGERS... SUPER BOWL.. MY EARLY PREDICTION!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree Miller.

Nobody take what I am saying the wrong way. I am not saying the Cowboys will dominate like the last game. I think its pretty close, but the Cowboys pull it out.

I would love to see domination again though. If the game is really close, I think I might have a heart attack before it's over.