73 Camaro Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Yeah I will let you know lol.. I wanna see how much I can get for it, there are a lot of stupid people out there ya know.
It is not good business to openly say this above then put the car up for sale on the same forum. Good luck with your decision either way.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Randy_S
It is not good business to openly say this above then put the car up for sale on the same forum. Good luck with your decision either way.
I agree. You are pretty much telling everyone you are looking to screw someone out of their money. I have bought and sold plenty of cars for a profit but i have never tried to screw someone out of their money.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

I want to get around $4,000 for it..
thats a good price **** my dad got his 72 for 2000 like two years ago an just a roller !! with rust but of course hes a paint so he aint worried !
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irbs
I agree. You are pretty much telling everyone you are looking to screw someone out of their money. I have bought and sold plenty of cars for a profit but i have never tried to screw someone out of their money.
I really only want $4,000 for it, which is a good deal for this car. And that is not the same as screwing people out of there money. A price is a price, you can set it to what you want, you have a right not to pay it. Screwing people out of their money is something like lying about the condition of the car.

Thanks for the responses though guys, I would just rather have a Trans Am.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 02-17-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 92-T5
thats a good price **** my dad got his 72 for 2000 like two years ago an just a roller !! with rust but of course hes a paint so he aint worried !
Not really. I think its 3500$ too much. Thats just me though. Cars pretty rough and needs a lot of work .
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Not really. I think its 3500$ too much. Thats just me though. Cars pretty rough and needs a lot of work .
It's a LOT better than most you would find though, I have seen some pretty crazy **** while looking for projects, surprised I didn't get tetanus looking at some of that crap they called "good project cars". With this car your not going have to weld in full quarters, floor pans or other time consuming and expensive stuff. The only thing that will take some time is stripping down the car and the bottom left quarter panel, which would be savable with some work. The other spots can be easily patched.

Luckily second gen cars seem to hold up well to the weather. The only thing you have to worry about really is the floor pans on T-Top cars. MOPAR cars will rot away if you try to even wash them.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 02-17-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yea it seems for the most part that the 70-73s hold a better value than the 74-81s . Brings back memories of when i had to sell my 79 z28 and didnt get much scratch for it even though it was a really nice running car.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

This car will sell for 4000 and sell fast. Its a complete car and in decent shape. When I bought my car in 96 it was 600 bucks as a roller and 67-69 camaro were in the 3-4000 range. Thats where 70-73's are now. I agree, its not screwing anyone. If you dont like it, dont buy it. Make the guy an offer if you are interested. If you arent interested then get the f outta here, dont bash him for trying to make a few bucks off his good find. Tell me you wouldnt do the same. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I saw a few nice 74-81's but there just not valuable yet, the profit margin and slim market isn't worth the risk.

I personally think it's all stupid but whatever. Like how can a 70 Superbird that they couldn't even sell for $4,000 or whatever back in the day be worth $200,000+?

But yeah I am still working towards getting this thing on the road, I just don't want to pay the insurance for it. I could basically drive it right now but it's a matter of if I have the ***** to do it... Which is no. Need to rig up some sort of kill switch and check the parking brake just in case, then maybe I will drive it to the gas station next week.. It's such a bad *** car, but I can never work on it since I can't keep it at home.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I saw a few nice 74-81's but there just not valuable yet, the profit margin and slim market isn't worth the risk.

I personally think it's all stupid but whatever. Like how can a 70 Superbird that they couldn't even sell for $4,000 or whatever back in the day be worth $200,000+?

But yeah I am still working towards getting this thing on the road, I just don't want to pay the insurance for it. I could basically drive it right now but it's a matter of if I have the ***** to do it... Which is no. Need to rig up some sort of kill switch and check the parking brake just in case, then maybe I will drive it to the gas station next week.. It's such a bad *** car, but I can never work on it since I can't keep it at home.
if it doesnt hurt you to keep it i say put it in storage till your financial situation gets better. Out of sight out of mind type of thing. And when you do have the means to build it up, do so.! Would definately be a car u could look forward to building and enjoying later on.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

will u take payments lol id buy that cam !!! best yr cam that i love 70-73 then third gens !
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Teching In

I agree with Josh that it's a decent deal. I paid $2K for a '70 SS roller 2 years ago with much better paint, but similar rust. $4K is in the ballpark, but I may lowball the penguin at $2500...