Anyone a locksmith in the cypress area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone a locksmith in the cypress area?

Im buying a house in cypress, and the seller has agreed to let me use my own locksmith and save some money if i can find a vendor to do so.

The seller uses a guy that is gonna charge 100$......if someone can do it cheaper, ill use you.

Im looking for a "real" locksmith, not an ls1tech user who thinks they are a locksmith.......in that case i think im a pretty damn good one myself, but unfortunately, it needs to be a business
Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at Home Depot over the weekend and new lock sets are only $50. And that's for good ones.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

if he is doing it for 100 bucks then you should use him.

When I bought my house it was 50 for the service call and 25 per tumbler. So if you have a keyed dead bolt and a regular lock it was 75 a door. The house I bought had 2 french, a front and 2 sides. Was cheaper to just go to Home depot and buy all new locks.

Forget what brand it is, but there is a brand where you just stick this small piece of metal in and it keys them all to the same key. So you don't have to worry about matching all the right numbers.

If someone said they'd do my house for a bill I'd jump on it, but that's just me. Not sure how many doors you have.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
if he is doing it for 100 bucks then you should use him.

When I bought my house it was 50 for the service call and 25 per tumbler. So if you have a keyed dead bolt and a regular lock it was 75 a door. The house I bought had 2 french, a front and 2 sides. Was cheaper to just go to Home depot and buy all new locks.

Forget what brand it is, but there is a brand where you just stick this small piece of metal in and it keys them all to the same key. So you don't have to worry about matching all the right numbers.

If someone said they'd do my house for a bill I'd jump on it, but that's just me. Not sure how many doors you have.
Thanks for the info, after looking into it, the 100 isnt bad at all considering the price of new locks on thier own. Im just in a whirlwind of home buying and thought that the 100 was to much until i looked into it.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FAST02FORMULAHAWK
Thanks for the info, after looking into it, the 100 isnt bad at all considering the price of new locks on thier own. Im just in a whirlwind of home buying and thought that the 100 was to much until i looked into it.
no prob.

totally hear you. I have been in those shoes! I just got out of them actually, try selling a home and moving in 10 days, and then buying a lot and designing a home to be built. It sucked!

Good luck with everything!