Dish Network

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=red281gt;12883626]Well yes I work for dish , I'm the guy u call when u have problems and solve ur problems lol. Well NO direct does not! Have more HD channels , we have the most HD channels then everyone . We r coming out with a new receiver called the 922 that bitch is bad *** , it has a expensive like touch screen remote control , its a dual hd dvr , I believe not sure yet that this one is the one that u will be able to see hd on BOTH TVS! Don't quote me just a rumor lol , and has a lot of bad *** features , yes our contracts are 2 yrs and if u stick with one receiver a duo u won't have no problems on prices . Its a good provider and well we just change up our prices on feb 1st so if u have dish and have more then 1 receiver duo or non duo then check that ho lol. If u have questions about it let me know or call our direct number 18883333474 that's the direct line too us. Also just a fyi if u ever call and be like I want to cancel u will get free **** lol credits or free ppv movie coupons or other **** , but don't call and demand it cause u won't get it ... any more questions let me know. O and about the signal I know tons of people who had dish when freaken catrina hit and allison lol all them bad hurricanes and never once lost signal. Its all on the installer , and deman to get a DNS technition not a retailer cause them hos give u a crappy job or service for the op I really hope u called us direct not a retailer[/QUOTE]

This is the customer service you get from Dish. We hear about this on a daily basis.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Uverse and could not believe how shity the Picture Quality was. It was so bad, that my Wife said it was shity!

For example when there would be movement you could see heavy pixilation around the edges of faces and objects. Oh and the channel icon in the bottom corner was not perfect. The lines would not match up.

If you do a Google Search, you can Type “Uverse Picture Quality” and see what pops up... There are a lot of Forums out there talking about the HD compression issue AT&T has.

I had to go back to Dish. The quality is by far better than Uverse. I have Blu Ray and want the best picture, regardless of price.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=5838

Most dont seem to be bothered by U-Verse.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Teching In

I've had Direct for about 13 years and have always had good service from them. They have really good HD and they recently rolled out their "Multiroom Viewing". The only thing that is starting to be a problem is their constant rate hikes. They have one that goes into effect next month and they just had one about 9 months ago. Because of that I'm starting to weigh my options and look elseware.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarodave98
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=5838

Most dont seem to be bothered by U-Verse.

That is very discouraging.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Launching!

I work for ATT, whats your problem with uverse? pm me, I can help you. DIRECT TV requires a 2 year contract... so be ready for that, and i believe dish is the same... uverse= no dish, no contract. Let me fix your problem before you make a 2 year commitment that will cost you an arm and a leg to get out of..

AHHH you must be new... I used to be like you. Used to give a ****. Bottom line people if you don't like something and your not under contract switch. And yes if you do get dish don't go through a contractor generally you will get a sub-par installation. BTW I have uverse and don't have any issues.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
AHHH you must be new... I used to be like you. Used to give a ****. Bottom line people if you don't like something and your not under contract switch. And yes if you do get dish don't go through a contractor generally you will get a sub-par installation. BTW I have uverse and don't have any issues.

Nope, not new by any means. I am a manager, so I am paid alot to give a ****. And by me giving a ****, just on this site alone I helped over 10 people get signed up/and problems fixed... I have no problems taking sometime out of my day to assist people in making my check..
Old 02-13-2010, 06:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm with dish and work for advance tech , I am number 1 in my center , I get paid my pay check plus 40 percent extra of what I already earned so I think I get paid good enough. No we don't have shitty customer service , we have just recently hit 15,000,000 customers and. Growing . I just let yah know about the free stuff to help some of the ls1tech guys get some free stuff. I know if u could get free stuff u would. If ur having signal loss or pixalated with dish then its just a matter or realigning the dish. Just fyi to some people Direct will be going up on there prices in march so keep an eye on ur bill also we got word of it tomorrow . I know some people might not care for a couple dollars but I get pist off Puertorico customers calling me pist about a couple cents or dollars they started getting charge for Tax.I also at some point wanted to get uverse but is not offered everywhere ur next door neighbor can have uverse but not u. I know couple people that happen too. I currently have my dish at my dads house for him to have it for free and I have comcast at my apt since that's for free also.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

all i know is i have uverse and it hasnt failed me yet, alot of it has to do with the connection really, the 1st day we got it the picture wasnt clear, so i called they sent out a tech and we found out the line it was running off of was from the 60's they changed it out and boom all issues were fixed.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

ok guys heres the deal with every service weather its dish direct or comcast or uvers the service isnt shitty its only bad because the person installed it wrong thats all everyone dogs on everyone of there services b ut reall its not there fault its the installers fault i have been installing cable for 10 years for every single one of these companies and now stay with comcast cause its easier to instal lol but yea there all good if you get a good installer
Old 02-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Nope, not new by any means. I am a manager, so I am paid alot to give a ****. And by me giving a ****, just on this site alone I helped over 10 people get signed up/and problems fixed... I have no problems taking sometime out of my day to assist people in making my check..
Should have guessed.

ok guys heres the deal with every service weather its dish direct or comcast or uvers the service isnt shitty its only bad because the person installed it wrong thats all everyone dogs on everyone of there services b ut reall its not there fault its the installers fault i have been installing cable for 10 years for every single one of these companies and now stay with comcast cause its easier to instal lol but yea there all good if you get a good installer
Yup I agree 100%.

Quick Reply: Dish Network