Help! quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! quick question

hey guys quick question. so today i had the day off and took the intiative to tighten my old style slp headers to my cylinder heads a bit. not having locking header bolts sucks so they come loose every couple months especially since the old slp header design hangs low and they are not speed bump friendly. so to make my getting in there easier, i disconnected the part of the spark plug wire that connects to the coil pack. as i was putting everything back together i started the car to see what was up. i must have fucked up the gasket because the right side sounded like a bad gasket. anywho i went to the drivers side to check it out and noticed that the bottom of the furthest wire back, where it connects to the plug was vibrating which i understood as the plug was loose. sure enough it was. so i took both the wire and plug off as one piece because i couldnt get the wire off the plug. when i had it in my hand i tried to get the plug disconnected from the wire but tried to be careful. sure enough the inner part of the wire came out as the spark plug seperated and was still on the terminal of the plug. i finally got it off and pushed it back into the wire, connected the wire to both the plug and coil pack as it should be. but now when i put the engine under load my check engine light blinks. i know this isnt good so i shut the car right off. what gives??????? did i **** up the wire beyon repair and thats my issue? i hope so cuase wires are pretty cheap. let me know asap i have to take my girls car to work tomorrow and cant do this all week. thanks fellas.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah sounds like you need a new plug wire. just grab a new stocker. also you should check all your coils, wires, plugs while your at it.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Launching!

thanks brian. buddy of mines got red msd wires with only 4k on them, wants 20$
Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

sounds like a deal to me
Johnny
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh well ****, jump on that. and if the plug wire isn't the problem at least now you'll have a good set of wires.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Launching!

it was the issue thanks man