Getting an Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a shake down check completed and everything else is ok, then it is your alignment.

I've seen others here say the alignment will not cause a vibration at highway speeds, but that's BS. It depends on what is out of alignment. It could be camber/caster/toe or a combination of each on each tire/suspension tire.

The 1983 dodge aries station wagon I drove in high school (yes, I'm dating myself) had a vibration at 65mph + on the highway. Checked tire pressures/etc and nothing was out of wack. Went to a place in town and they checked the alignment and found it out of spec. They adjusted it and amazing...no more vibration.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ElkySS
alignment problems will not cause a vibration. idk why everyone thinks it will.

If caster is too far negative it can cause a vibration, like a shopping cart caster they always go every which way but the way you want it

Anyway I'd you were in Denton I could do the alignment as long as it's not lowered too much. Try taking it to a firestone they usually are good at alignments (that's where I work)
Old 05-19-2010, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

+1 for benson's in Webster! U have to make an appointment with them because they stay Packed! because of good work!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
If you have a shake down check completed and everything else is ok, then it is your alignment.

I've seen others here say the alignment will not cause a vibration at highway speeds, but that's BS. It depends on what is out of alignment. It could be camber/caster/toe or a combination of each on each tire/suspension tire.

The 1983 dodge aries station wagon I drove in high school (yes, I'm dating myself) had a vibration at 65mph + on the highway. Checked tire pressures/etc and nothing was out of wack. Went to a place in town and they checked the alignment and found it out of spec. They adjusted it and amazing...no more vibration.
I understand your personal stories and etc, but we do dozens of alignments a day and he already stated someone tried to get it dialed in close so that should rule out it being way out.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check for shifted belts in the tires, or an out of round tire. They'll balance on the machine but cause a vibration on the vehicle. Justa thought, as far as places to get an alignment I say firestone, cause I to work for tuem.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Back to the OP's original question...is there anyone in the Houston/surrounding areas with an emphasis on fbods that can do alignments?

Are there any sponsors in Houston that have alignment machines?

No way I'm taking my baby to NTB or BrakeCheck.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

KCS, didn't you hide your vibe behind one of your wheels when that cowboy in assless chaps came over?

If you left it on that might be the cause of your vibration...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 PM

Default alignment shop?

Is their a shop around here that can help. I'am assuming my numbers are not right. I had the job done at the local NTB.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump. What was the fix?