Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

little bit of an angle that guy would have been dead
Old 05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
little bit of an angle that guy would have been dead
yep...the birds would have been eating well...that horn could have easily made it thru the top of his head and would have busted that skull wide open like a ripe melon...or severed the jugular and he would have bled out right there...
Old 05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Thats pretty lucky that the bull didn't jerk and tare his whole F*ing jaw off!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bet he will never eat a steak again
Old 05-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mike171562
I doubt it, that bull probably didn't feel a thing

lmfao!

i was thinking the same thing...

the guy got what he deserved. they should just make up a new ******* "sport" and leave those damn bulls alone.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

what was that blood coming from the top of the bull. wait let me ask that again why was the bull bleeding from the top. looked like that **** hurt btw
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by That_guy
what was that blood coming from the top of the bull. wait let me ask that again why was the bull bleeding from the top. looked like that **** hurt btw
it's from the spears that the bullfighters stick in the bull during the event....they spear the bull a bunch of times to weaken it as it bleeds out, then the matador finishes it off after putting on a show for the crowd with a sword thrust....that is, when they're not getting gored through the chin, or elsewhere.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

o ok i see, well i guess that bull had a lil energy left. sort of like a call of duty last stand lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

That is ******* insane.. That had to hurt, I can't even imagine.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
it's from the spears that the bullfighters stick in the bull during the event....they spear the bull a bunch of times to weaken it as it bleeds out, then the matador finishes it off after putting on a show for the crowd with a sword thrust....that is, when they're not getting gored through the chin, or elsewhere.
this is correct but another reason is to make the bull much more mad than he already is. atleast thats what i've been told by some people.

i've been to one of those events and i dont like them at all.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

damn it
Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCC
Ouch!

holy crap....
and in mexico we see that as an art form lol
Old 05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Those spears are more like hooks if I recall correctly, that way they stay in, and they are to weaken the muscles in the back of the bulls neck and shoulders, so that he drops his head, which is what allows the *******....I mean matador, to be able to drive the sword in. Dude got what he had coming.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Those spears are more like hooks if I recall correctly, that way they stay in, and they are to weaken the muscles in the back of the bulls neck and shoulders, so that he drops his head, which is what allows the *******....I mean matador, to be able to drive the sword in. Dude got what he had coming.
yeah, they're harpoon-like spears called banderillas which act the same way as a fish hook, having a barb on the end that helps it stay embedded into the bull's flesh.

and yeah, he definitely got what he deserved.

i've read some posts about this incident from people in Spain who say, "Bullfighting is a national tradition that has been around for hundreds of years, I don't expect an American to understand it" and "These bulls are bred for this purpose, and up until their fight, they are pampered and treated really well, better than regular cattle that are for commercial slaughter".

what a crock of ****. just because it is a national tradition, doesn't make it any less ******* barbaric and cruel toward the animal. the bull's fate is basically decided when it's born, it never had any ******* chance of a natural life.....then they put its long, excruciating death on display for all to see. but since it's a tradition, that makes barbarism OK.

and i don't care how well you treat an animal up to the point that it is to be killed, you're still torturing an animal to death....you'd get locked up and the key thrown away for doing something like that in many countries. at least in the slaughtering industry, the animals die a much faster death than they do in bullfighting, for the most part. sure, there are a few exceptions here & there, but overall, a slaughterhouse is a much quicker and less painful death than having spears/harpoons repeatedly stuck in your back and having no possible way to escape that fate.

not to mention, the horses some of the bullfighters ride when they're sticking in the banderillas get gored by the bull as well, causing all sorts of damage to them.

i'm certainly no animal rights activist, and i definitely eat probably more than my fair share of meat, but this is kinda ridiculous for a so-called "civilized society" in the 21st century.

hope that bullfighter gets back to bullfighting again soon, so he can get more punishment handed to him by a badass bull!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had worse than that in my eye.

Good job, bull.

Last edited by -Ross-; 05-25-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Banned

That's nothing this can't fix

Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

yeah, they're harpoon-like spears called banderillas which act the same way as a fish hook, having a barb on the end that helps it stay embedded into the bull's flesh.

not to mention, the horses some of the bullfighters ride when they're sticking in the banderillas get gored by the bull as well, causing all sorts of damage to them.
Before those, they also spear the damn bull with a big *** lance from a horse. Interesting thing I read: "Prior to 1930, the horse did not wear any protection, and the bull would usually disembowel the horse during this stage. Until this change was instituted, the number of horses killed during a fight was higher than the number of bulls killed."

I wonder if the bull was killed anyways after the goring? Probably so, but at least they didnt cut off his ears and tail as a "gift" to the matador.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

from what i understand, if the matador gets gored, the bull is released to pasture. i read that a while back, though, they may have changed the rules. at any rate, it looks like that matador got bull-ied

actually, i just read this from the huffington post

"[UPDATE: After two operations, it appears leading surgeon Maximo Garcia Pedros has saved Aparicio's life. The bull, however, was quickly killed by other matadors.]"

what bull-****

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 05-25-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Epic win
Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol thats why you dont fu*k with a damn bull... guy got what was coming to him, i dont feel sorry for him at all...

Quick Reply: Do you think this hurt?