SAPD's New 'Stealth' Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw one of these under I10 and 1604 by Six Flags in the parking area. Its pretty easy to spot because of the gay rims they put on it.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
I have a friend that's training to drive the Kemah 2010 Camaro SS. And other cities have em too, hell Webster and kemah, and Dickinson have hayabusa street bikes for high speed pursuits. The police are gettin crazy with their vehicles lol. Gotta love how they spend tax dollars:-)
Im pretty sure dickinson has or used to have an 06 GTO for thier highspeed pursuits. I dunno if they still do or not, but that thing was nasty!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They have one or two chargers like that in waco. Blue with blue lettering, you can hardly tell. One thing I was told by an officer friend of mine is that you can signal and slow down but if you are unsure of the vehicle call 911 and tell them the situation and verify it has been called in, then let the officer know you did and your reasons. Usually they wont be mad.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

just saw one of these on i35 north between right by the eisenhower ramp entrance. he had his lights on but no car pulled over. had some black wheels.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
kemah has a black SS with black decals and stock rims. although the exempt tags give it away. also to me the lights behind the windshield sticks out like a soar thumb.

houston and league city have stealth chargers, i think ive seen a bunch of stealth SUV's around in different places. to me they all stick out for different reasons and if you are not aware of your surroundings you are just as likely to get pulled over by a marked car as a "stealth" car.
Thanks for the clarification. I agree about keeping your head on a swivel, so im not really worried about "stealth" vehicles. People get pulled over because they just dont pay attention. If i saw a black 2010 ss i would look at it regardless and im pretty sure i'd pick up on the added details. Probably just jinxed myself
Old 05-31-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lo_jack
SAPD has loved low profile cars for years. They used to use navy and maroon crown vics with no roof bars all up and down 281. I'm not surprised they would use a Camaro dressed down like that.

Houston has some cars that are barely noticeable unless you are looking for them.

You don't really need a big show when you are lasering oncoming highway traffic from the Hildebrand overpass of 281 anyhow.

On the upside, when they are done with that it will not have a bunch of holes on the outside, or a goofball two tone paintjob.
They've still got 'em. Schertz has two or three Maroon and dark blue CVPI's as well that are unmarked. Not low-profile, totally unmarked.
Originally Posted by bobbyd
just saw one of these on i35 north between right by the eisenhower ramp entrance. he had his lights on but no car pulled over. had some black wheels.
yep. I saw one right after BAMC on I-35 S yesterday going to Lackland AFB.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

montgomery county constables have blacked out camaros with black rims, it had dark grey letters that say constable on the side, very hard to see
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Tomball is notorious for "stealth cars". If I remember correctly the one that got me was one of the newer impalas, but there is a charger. Ours are gunmetal with FAINT gunmetal lettering, but the big *** light/mirror on the driver side mirror, and black rims usually give them away. Still got me though.....
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

i believe the cars only have to be clearly marked on one side
Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gay...

Alot of these are really easy to spot if you know what to look for.
During the day you can usually see the lights in the windows if you look.
Same thing with the lettering.
As well as little slots that are acutally lights in the bumber that look out of place.
Number one thing that gives it away are the wheels.

As for a night the main thing is the lettering. It sticks out alot if it passes any lighting.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vectus
Gay...

Alot of these are really easy to spot if you know what to look for.
During the day you can usually see the lights in the windows if you look.
Same thing with the lettering.
As well as little slots that are acutally lights in the bumber that look out of place.
Number one thing that gives it away are the wheels.

As for a night the main thing is the lettering. It sticks out alot if it passes any lighting.
The thing is though, the wheels on the SAPD's '10 Camaro are the base model V6 wheels. It looks like any regular sixxer besides the paint on the side which is hard to see being a silver car.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, that is one of his favorite spots.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup seen him there a lot of times.
Did u get your shocks and springs on the car yet?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup seen him there a lot of times.
Did u get your shocks and springs on the car yet?
Got them, but not on yet.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
interesting how they have police lettering on the sides, but still have civilian license plates.
Yea that is what I usually look for, Texas Exempt plates. Nowadays I cannot tell anymore because I have seen people pulled over by these "stealth" vehicles with and without the exempt plates.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Yea that is what I usually look for, Texas Exempt plates. Nowadays I cannot tell anymore because I have seen people pulled over by these "stealth" vehicles with and without the exempt plates.
im almost suprised that they do stuff like that, because so many people have heard the stories of people getting pulled over by 'fake' police and getting mugged.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

some of the stealth cars have the big *** light on the driverside mirror that sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl. Just look for that. Plus 2010 camaros are flashy and most of us notice them even when know one else can. Just use commonc sense u see a silver one slow down. U see one parked on the side of the road slowd down..... Or people can just quit driving like *** hats all the time