Who is getting the iPhone 4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010 | 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
People who claim they use over 4+GB a month are streaming videos, so like I said above connect to WIFI when you do that and BAM you are saving on data useage. **** just use WIFI on all the time most everywhere has it now. I hope to god nobody is out driving and trying to stream videos or something.

Besides, WIFI is fater and better for streaming videos anyways.
Yeah thats what I do (Stream hella videos). But see why would I stream videos on my phone is im using WiFi when I own a laptop which will be quick overall. See If im in a WiFi area, 90% im at home and I would just use my computer then.

And the thing that makes the Droid better than the iPhone in another way is the Droid runs Java and the iPhone doesn't that means half the sites I get on are useless for the iPhone.
Old 06-09-2010 | 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Yeah thats what I do (Stream hella videos). But see why would I stream videos on my phone is im using WiFi when I own a laptop which will be quick overall. See If im in a WiFi area, 90% im at home and I would just use my computer then.

And the thing that makes the Droid better than the iPhone in another way is the Droid runs Java and the iPhone doesn't that means half the sites I get on are useless for the iPhone.
Proof of 5GB?

And any website that is too lazy to do a mobile version of their website isn't worth going too. They need to catch up to the times.
Old 06-09-2010 | 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Other carriers cap data plans at 5GB and some cost more then what ATT offers. ATT was the only carrier to have an unlimited data plan with no cap on how much was used. MAJORITY of smart phone users do not use over 2GB a month. Besides, if you are streaming videos why not just connect to WI-FI....it does not count towards your data at all that way.

Chances are I see ATT changing the plans once they start getting people complaining or seeing people cap easily so who knows.
Sprint has never had a cap.
Old 06-12-2010 | 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

the more and more verizon keeps screwing me over, the better att and the iphone 4 keeps looking. I have figured it up and i would be saving money per month to switch over. I would be a first time iphone buyer, but a few of my friends have them and they are awesome.
Old 06-12-2010 | 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im getting it!!
Old 06-15-2010 | 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Anyone get their pre orders in today?
Old 06-15-2010 | 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Been trying online all morning on both apple and at&t's sites.
Old 06-15-2010 | 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

at&t has the worst service, i switched to verizon years ago and never looking back

Droid FTW
Old 06-15-2010 | 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
Been trying online all morning on both apple and at&t's sites.
Im assuming you have to pay the 200/300 now? I was hoping to be able to stop by a local at+t store and just pick one up?
Old 06-15-2010 | 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

I think they are only having limited number of new Iphones avaliable for 2010.
Old 06-15-2010 | 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fondle
at&t has the worst service, i switched to verizon years ago and never looking back

Droid FTW
Where are you from california? The reception here in texas is pretty damn good everywhere i go........
Old 06-15-2010 | 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Where are you from california? The reception here in texas is pretty damn good everywhere i go........
Hahaha I hated At&t for service and I have lived in Texas major cities ever since I moved here. My parents just switch to Verizon b/c my dad got so fed up with the service.
Old 06-15-2010 | 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

good luck to anyone trying to order one. dont know which is worse. waiting in line next to all the apple geeks or getting a error message from apples website!
Old 06-15-2010 | 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
good luck to anyone trying to order one. dont know which is worse. waiting in line next to all the apple geeks or getting a error message from apples website!
If they are delivering them to every store especially at+t's then there should not be to big of a problem.....If it's apple stores only then F* that i wont be waiting in line.
Old 06-15-2010 | 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

HTC EVO here, badass phone. 4G is fast as *****. Camera is 8MP, takes 720P video, wifihotspot, Micro HDMI output for showing ur own movies on flat panel; eat ur heart out iphone. Droid OS rocks.

Downside: $120 monthly bill to be able to operate the phone as intended. And HTC = No battery life.
Old 06-15-2010 | 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

i reserved mine at best buy. they will have a certain time-slot specific for you to go in and activate it the day of release that way there isnt a line or anything.

and those droid fans always crack me up. all they ever have to say is **** the iphone, they dont even know why. have fun with your slow/laggy phone os and terrible htc build quality.
Old 06-15-2010 | 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i reserved mine at best buy. they will have a certain time-slot specific for you to go in and activate it the day of release that way there isnt a line or anything.

and those droid fans always crack me up. all they ever have to say is **** the iphone, they dont even know why. have fun with your slow/laggy phone os and terrible htc build quality.

Blahah slow/laggy hmmmmm 1 Ghz processor im pretty sure im fine with my incredible...and the new iphone only has a 5mp camera what kind of crap is that...O and my service is better and I my web is a lot faster!

So I think I know why I like my HTC better than the iSuck....and I had the iPhone before this phone and everything about it blew ***!
Old 06-15-2010 | 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

All pre-orders for launch day are sold out. Should have gone to a store. Finally purchased mine and it will
arrive between July 2-8. Canceling my order in the am. P

Last edited by s.o.m.SS; 06-15-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2010 | 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Blahah slow/laggy hmmmmm 1 Ghz processor im pretty sure im fine with my incredible...and the new iphone only has a 5mp camera what kind of crap is that...O and my service is better and I my web is a lot faster!

So I think I know why I like my HTC better than the iSuck....and I had the iPhone before this phone and everything about it blew ***!
I don't get why people can be or get upset over camera MP on a CELL PHONE. You want a good camera, buy a REAL camera...lol

Besides, MP means basically nothing when it comes to picture quality.

My family, even most my friends are on AT&T and we have NEVER had any service issues and I go all over DFW and even out of DFW. Every provider has there own dead spots all over the country, none of them are better then the other in that department I don't care what anyone says. We have been with AT&T since 2002 (back when it was Cingular).
Old 06-15-2010 | 10:45 PM
Banned

I don't get why people can be or get upset over camera MP on a CELL PHONE. You want a good camera, buy a REAL camera...lol

Besides, MP means basically nothing when it comes to picture quality.

My family, even most my friends are on AT&T and we have NEVER had any service issues and I go all over DFW and even out of DFW. Every provider has there own dead spots all over the country, none of them are better then the other in that department I don't care what anyone says. We have been with AT&T since 2002 (back when it was Cingular).
Yes I do know that MP really don't matter all that much. But there was a thing on Cnet on the cameras and the Incredible and Evo both took better photos than the new iPhone. And when I do pay the amount of money I do for a phone, I want it to have the best of everything. But im sorry I don't carry around my camera all the time like a ASIAN TOURIST. One of the biggest things I hate is when people post photos up of cars they saw or pictures for help and the camera quality is really shitty b/c they only had there phone on them. But for the service part at&t has the worst customer service thats the main reason I left them. And for dead spots Verizon has the least so I would say they are the best.