Who is going to the San Antonio *meet*??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99whitez28
Well the motor is jacked up....pm me if ur interested.
Pm sent
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dave_the_SS
Who's even talking about riding nuts??
Just using common sense. It's safe to presume that the vette is the car. Reasons being is he is affiliated with lethal, lethal has several quick LS based cars....

Process of elimination and putting the pieces together.

No reason to get all bent out of shape. Take a joke and a chill pill bud
Lol yes Dave you have a lot of common sense I'm sure.. I rather ask then try to assume what he has that runs 9's than reading 4 cars in his sign that all say stock Dave your to smart man

Last edited by Theblacknightls1; 03-02-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yall take a chill pill. I dont hold a grudge or anything. Its just the net its all good guys. I put stock because of a j/k with the houston guys no big deal.

Look my old TA. Getting rebuilt with a 383 stroker. Its not mine anymore. Was a fun car.

Here is my car the other night. Had to get a tilton master. Cant row the gears. Had Danny drive it and he couldnt get it into gear either. Would have been a good pass but coasted to a 9 sec pass lol. Hopefully we can get it to go faster. All good just sharing.

http://youtu.be/x2sPk8gPnGA
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Time for a tr6060 tranny.... Lol
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club

Time for a tr6060 tranny.... Lol
Mine is fully built and so is the rear. No need to.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the engine bay on "the little red wagon"
Old 03-02-2012, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Damn jm engine bays are super clean. Mine is a nightmare. I'm in bad need of doing the wire tuck lol
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Just take yalls time when doing the stuff. Alot of persons just throw it together. Hell the stock engine bay with ls1/6 engine covers looks great just cut them to fit. Makes it look a ton better on a f boat. And the wire mod cleans it up alot I never got a chance to do the other side.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Just take yalls time when doing the stuff. Alot of persons just throw it together. Hell the stock engine bay with ls1/6 engine covers looks great just cut them to fit. Makes it look a ton better on a f boat. And the wire mod cleans it up alot I never got a chance to do the other side.
alex41 and firemech help me with anything i do to my car..... i tend to break ****. tightening bolts to tight and what not.
retard strength FTL

but i'll be damned if there isnt a bolt i cant break free
Old 03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

saw a SOM SS with what looked like c6z06 wheels. This was on i35 just seeing if it belongs to anyone here.

car look really good.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
9 Second Club

alex41 and firemech help me with anything i do to my car..... i tend to break ****. tightening bolts to tight and what not.
retard strength FTL

but i'll be damned if there isnt a bolt i cant break free
I have that same freak retard strength... I torqued truck felxplate bolts through a F-body flexplate by mistake. "grabbed the wrong bolt off the ground" Completely destroyed the thrust bearing on the crank before I even fired the brand new motor.

DAMMIT

Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

BTW Dave, I checked to see if I could find those nitrous solenoids, No luck as of yet. I rearranged my garage and I cant find anything now, except this big silver POS on jackstands. If I find them and you still need them I'll definetly let you know.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good. I'll probably order the rebuild lots tomorrow sometime. I appreciate u taken a look though. We will all have to get your silver turd up and goin again.

What exactly is wrong with it? I'm down to help wrench and help where I can
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by QucikSilver
I have that same freak retard strength... I torqued truck felxplate bolts through a F-body flexplate by mistake. "grabbed the wrong bolt off the ground" Completely destroyed the thrust bearing on the crank before I even fired the brand new motor.

DAMMIT

**** happens lol, last Friday I was changing cam follower gaskets on my N14. Naturally I take my time with those type of swaps, but I wanted Saturday off so bad. (wanted to go to Cars N Coffee) But.... with my luck, one of the wire loom's lug tried to sneak into the block and I caught it with one of the rollers, gasket split and this happened right on the neck of rush hour, I had to drive like a maniac across town from groshenbacker 90 to converse. When I got back there was no daylight and people already had a cooler full of beer and the pit going.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Yall take a chill pill. I dont hold a grudge or anything. Its just the net its all good guys. I put stock because of a j/k with the houston guys no big deal.

Look my old TA. Getting rebuilt with a 383 stroker. Its not mine anymore. Was a fun car.

Here is my car the other night. Had to get a tilton master. Cant row the gears. Had Danny drive it and he couldnt get it into gear either. Would have been a good pass but coasted to a 9 sec pass lol. Hopefully we can get it to go faster. All good just sharing.

http://youtu.be/x2sPk8gPnGA
You took a stock APS kit to the 9's dayum! were they the turbos you got off the kit?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

Sounds good. I'll probably order the rebuild lots tomorrow sometime. I appreciate u taken a look though. We will all have to get your silver turd up and goin again.

What exactly is wrong with it? I'm down to help wrench and help where I can
Well, the motor and trans still needs to come out, I need to find a firebird nosecone still, then off to paint. Need to install the carpet, and get the seats to the upholsterer, get the rest of the dash re installed, finish the ABS delete and line lock install, finish wire tuck, get the cage installed, install dedicated fuel system, get my nitrous system re-wired, and probably a number of other things that i really just dont have the motivation to do on my own. If anyone ever wants something to do and has free time, by all means, come on by.

Its hard to explain what is going on without seeing it....
Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by svg210
**** happens lol, last Friday I was changing cam follower gaskets on my N14. Naturally I take my time with those type of swaps, but I wanted Saturday off so bad. (wanted to go to Cars N Coffee) But.... with my luck, one of the wire loom's lug tried to sneak into the block and I caught it with one of the rollers, gasket split and this happened right on the neck of rush hour, I had to drive like a maniac across town from groshenbacker 90 to converse. When I got back there was no daylight and people already had a cooler full of beer and the pit going.
I remember those days, thats why I dont bring beer around a vehicle build site, NOTHING ever gets done. lol
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Well, the motor and trans still needs to come out, I need to find a firebird nosecone still, then off to paint. Need to install the carpet, and get the seats to the upholsterer, get the rest of the dash re installed, finish the ABS delete and line lock install, finish wire tuck, get the cage installed, install dedicated fuel system, get my nitrous system re-wired, and probably a number of other things that i really just dont have the motivation to do on my own. If anyone ever wants something to do and has free time, by all means, come on by.

Its hard to explain what is going on without seeing it....
well if i have free days when i can get the sitter to watch my boy i'm down to help you out with the car

I remember those days, thats why I dont bring beer around a vehicle build site, NOTHING ever gets done. lol

yeah we did that and beer caused a long tube intall to take 9 hrs lmao
Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well if i have free days when i can get the sitter to watch my boy i'm down to help you out with the car

yeah we did that and beer caused a long tube intall to take 9 hrs lmao
No way lol
Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damnit lol

Quick Reply: Who is going to the San Antonio *meet*??