Any SAM students

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camAro242
What about the Hennessey Tuner School? is it worth the 15 grand?
hell no its not worth
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you come to Houston to visit, then please come and see our program at TunerSchool. Our school is the only one of its kind that has it's own 1/4 mile dragstrip on the same property. We also have 2 chassis dynos (Dynojet 2wd and Dyno Dynamics AWD). SAM is great if you want to learn about engines, machine work, heads and blocks. Our program is much more diverse and covers a much wider variety of skill sets. Our student to teacher ratio is usually 8 to 1 or less. Hands on time is as much as the state will allow us (they require a minimum of classroom time). As has been said, you get out of these programs what you put into them. Tuner School will not teach you everything there is to know, no program will do that. What we will do is expose you to a variety of things from tuning, fabricating, suspensions, brakes, transmissions, wheels/tires, dyno testing, drag racing, road racing and more. Our program is designed to help students learn what areas they are good at and what areas need work. Tuner School students have the ability to work on their own project vehicles after class as well as use our dragstrip anytime the track is open to the public.

I have known Judson and SAM for nearly 20 yrs. I have hired SAM guys and I can tell you that they run a great program. If you want to learn to build motors, etc. then there is no better program that I am aware of.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thanks to everyone, I appreciate the info very good to know. If I can fly out there I will try but seeing as how I have time from being unemployed and lower funds I have more than enough time but little ability to fly there.

I will say this for any younger people looking on like anyone who just graduates high school. Do yourself a favor go to school for something right away and don't just take a break, that's what I did and now 7 or so years later I get to deal with limited job prospects and bills and now I know I need a solid career.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by John Hennessey
If you come to Houston to visit, then please come and see our program at TunerSchool. Our school is the only one of its kind that has it's own 1/4 mile dragstrip on the same property. We also have 2 chassis dynos (Dynojet 2wd and Dyno Dynamics AWD). SAM is great if you want to learn about engines, machine work, heads and blocks. Our program is much more diverse and covers a much wider variety of skill sets. Our student to teacher ratio is usually 8 to 1 or less. Hands on time is as much as the state will allow us (they require a minimum of classroom time). As has been said, you get out of these programs what you put into them. Tuner School will not teach you everything there is to know, no program will do that. What we will do is expose you to a variety of things from tuning, fabricating, suspensions, brakes, transmissions, wheels/tires, dyno testing, drag racing, road racing and more. Our program is designed to help students learn what areas they are good at and what areas need work. Tuner School students have the ability to work on their own project vehicles after class as well as use our dragstrip anytime the track is open to the public.

I have known Judson and SAM for nearly 20 yrs. I have hired SAM guys and I can tell you that they run a great program. If you want to learn to build motors, etc. then there is no better program that I am aware of.
Is a school format like SAM?

The track is hardly ever open, using the track when open to the public isnt a good selling point, lol.

Quick Reply: Any SAM students