Front license plate fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have to look into that...I've been pulled over three times in a two week span or so for no front license plate on my truck
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTX
That's a good question
No, it stays just fine on the highway.

Since this is designed for a mustang you have to move it further back, or tucked in. When it is extended, the plate will not be strait up, it will be slightly angled.

When I hit a huge bump, the plate will fall down about 5-6 inches. But you just hit the fob for about 2 seconds.

I have to get some pics so you guys see what I am talking about.

Either way, a $200 ticket is a no go. Plus, the cops can totaly **** with you when they pull you over, like the State trooper in Katy has been doing to some folks in the Houston area.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh there is no doubt I'll be getting one of these. I've been pulled over so much for the front plate crap.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Free fix is to put in on the air dam. I got pulled over alot when I didnt have the plate displayed or if i had it in the window.

I put it on the air dam and I've not been bothered at all since. It's been nearly a year now.

Cant see it up close but when the cars far away say, At intersections, You can see almost the whole plate clearly.

I prefer a free fix. Paying over 100$ for that just isnt worth it. And you can still see that mess mounted on the car.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 96V6Bird
Free fix is to put in on the air dam. I got pulled over alot when I didnt have the plate displayed or if i had it in the window.

I put it on the air dam and I've not been bothered at all since. It's been nearly a year now.

Cant see it up close but when the cars far away say, At intersections, You can see almost the whole plate clearly.

I prefer a free fix. Paying over 100$ for that just isnt worth it. And you can still see that mess mounted on the car.
yeah but that looks kinda stupid. like the guys who put it on their dash board... You are just bringing attention to the fact that it is not where it should be.
with the flip up you can just pop it up when you see a police car. and drop it at any other time.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I have never been messed with but one time with it in the lower window, told him it had to have one, not be in the front and he left me alone. Now when it was in the tint, i got stopped allot.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

the license plate has to be at the front most part of the vehicle and it can not be obstructed.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, but most cops dont know that word for word.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HTX
yeah but that looks kinda stupid. like the guys who put it on their dash board... You are just bringing attention to the fact that it is not where it should be.
with the flip up you can just pop it up when you see a police car. and drop it at any other time.
Looks better there than on my front bumper though, Dont you think?...
Originally Posted by slamminjim
the license plate has to be at the front most part of the vehicle and it can not be obstructed.
Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Yea, but most cops dont know that word for word.
Exactly. Like I said, I've not been bothered anymore about it for nearly a year now.

They just like giving you hell if its in the windshield or not there at all. Its on the front of the car and you can see it so they cant and dont bother me anymore.