It's that time of year again..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy that is EPA certified to powerwash oil/grease because they recycle the run off water. Then use it to clean. Ill probably have him come down from Austin just make a weekend of it.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

give me all your spare parts. k bye.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dirty shop is a busy shop... I would be concerned if you had spotless painted floors. Looks like a tidy setup that stays pretty full.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Austin@HPE
I have a buddy that is EPA certified to powerwash oil/grease because they recycle the run off water. Then use it to clean. Ill probably have him come down from Austin just make a weekend of it.
Good deal, I hate to see someone get a fine for something they did not know about.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
That is by far the DIRTIEST shop I've seen. How can you work in those conditions. The floor needs a TON of bleach.
bout to say the same thing!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99SSinOC
A dirty shop is a busy shop... I would be concerned if you had spotless painted floors. Looks like a tidy setup that stays pretty full.
Not true at all, ive seen many busy shops with spotless floors, even non-performance shops. Some people are too lazy to clean up/organize after a spill or mess. Goes with all types of businesses not just shops. So if you walk in to my restaurant and there is a huge mess and food all in the floor, would you still stay to eat and say its cause its busy?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Not to be a Dick but I hope you are recovering when you pressure wash. I'm not sure if your area is City of Houston, we had a contractor pressure washing our parking garage and he got a 10k fine for letting the water go in the storm water drains without recovering it.

I know everyone does it but becareful...

I can't say **** about the shop, Mine looks Horriable!
You need t oquit worring about where other peoples degreaser goes and get ready to spill some oil gettin my motor in my z06.. LOL
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Not to be a Dick but I hope you are recovering when you pressure wash. I'm not sure if your area is City of Houston, we had a contractor pressure washing our parking garage and he got a 10k fine for letting the water go in the storm water drains without recovering it.

I know everyone does it but becareful...

I can't say **** about the shop, Mine looks Horriable!
yeah that happend to my shop during ike, my boss was power washing the parking lot and someone who seemed important starting bitching him out saying that we cant do that blah blah blah... whats the reason behind that, do you know? i thought it all went to the same place, didnt know the drains in our actual shop were diff from the parking lots.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
That is by far the DIRTIEST shop I've seen. How can you work in those conditions. The floor needs a TON of bleach.
agreed, i wonder if they got all of the old engines/parts off of the floor
Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
yeah that happend to my shop during ike, my boss was power washing the parking lot and someone who seemed important starting bitching him out saying that we cant do that blah blah blah... whats the reason behind that, do you know? i thought it all went to the same place, didnt know the drains in our actual shop were diff from the parking lots.
I could not tell you if the drains in the shop goes to it's own, depends on how the shop was built.

The reason for it is because you push all the oil and grease into the storm drains. The storm drains goes to bayou's and eventually lead to rivers and lakes.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Not true at all, ive seen many busy shops with spotless floors, even non-performance shops. Some people are too lazy to clean up/organize after a spill or mess. Goes with all types of businesses not just shops. So if you walk in to my restaurant and there is a huge mess and food all in the floor, would you still stay to eat and say its cause its busy?
Yeah, one of the jobs i had in high school was to clean all the mess the mechanics made while they were test driving, @ lunch, or getting an other vehicle. My boss couldn't stand a dirty shop.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camAro242
agreed, i wonder if they got all of the old engines/parts off of the floor
Is your friend ever coming by for that re-tune? He has been scheduled at least once already and never showed up.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Philip@HPE
Is your friend ever coming by for that re-tune? He has been scheduled at least once already and never showed up.
doubt it, he had it re-tuned by hennesse, their tuner confired that the tune was done wrong.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camAro242
doubt it, he had it re-tuned by hennesse, their tuner confired that the tune was done wrong.
Too bad he didn't let us make it right for him but at least he has it running how he wants it to now.