issue with wifes aviator....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default issue with wifes aviator....

well my wife has a 04 lincoln aviator i know its not a lsx platform but i thought id ask any how since most of yall are a techincally proficent than me. a bit of details on the vehical for those who dont know... has 4.6 DOHC mod motor out of the maraduer/mach1 with a 5 speed auto. well i changed the plugs about 2 weeks ago gapped them to the correct size and installed them. when i first started it i had incorrectly placed to of the coil packs on the wrong plugs and it ran like crap i quickly shut it off and corrected my mistake. swapped them and started it back up and ran smooth. well i wanna say like 2 days later i got into a accedent in the front right corner of the suv. and since then it has not run right my wife say when she is at red light idling the suv shakes very rough. but it doesnt do it when you are driving around only at idle. im thinking a plug or coil pack might be loose? but i cant confurm this as i had to go back to iraq to finish my tour... anybody have any suggestions before my wife runs all over town and gets ripped off by some auto shops?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Ford likes to put AIR and other emmissions components in the fenders. Probably has a intake vacuum leak that would be the worst at idle. It should be setting a couple of lean codes soon enough if that's the case. Has the crash damage been repaired? File a suppliment.

Vernon
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

as far as i know the crash was to bad and was just the fender, headlight and grill. i dont think but not sure if there was any damage to the engine compartment. and it is scheduled to go to the shop on october 4. and i dont know what you mean suppliment? but shouldnt the repair shop fix this issue also? she doesnt really go any where. but when she does it does cause this issue. also i just remembered the front of the intake comes in right behind the headlight could it be blocked or something?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Check for a vacuum leak on the passenger side of the intake manifold.There is a hose the 90 degrees into the manifold that over time deteriorates causing a vacuum leak.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

she did say she heard a hissing sound coming from behind the intake manifold were alot of the vacuum hoses are. now if i could get her to change it herself