Drag Nova build

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seems like to me that you could find an lq motor and do more with it than that thing.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Put street tires on it that motor wont even wrinkle those. Just by looking at it, it may make 350 hp at the crank. Heads look like 461's and the springs and cups look stock unless they have been changed since the picture. Guess on the intake is a painted Performer or a cast iron stocker.
I am thinking less than that judging by my camaro and chevelle. Both were roughly the same set up and weren't anything special.

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
seems like to me that you could find an lq motor and do more with it than that thing.
The motor and trans were donated.

We got a nice monte carlo donated Friday, going to try and convice him to flip it and use the profits for a turbo set up.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got most everything hooked up, just need gas and the car will run/drive. Larson wants to sell the car to fund the viper truck though as our project.

So if anyone is interested let me know, it's a full ready to run drag car, just needs mods or a more powerful motor. It will be sold with the set up that's in it now. Body is nice with just a little bit of rust at the bottom of the quarters.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Got most everything hooked up, just need gas and the car will run/drive. Larson wants to sell the car to fund the viper truck though as our project.

So if anyone is interested let me know, it's a full ready to run drag car, just needs mods or a more powerful motor. It will be sold with the set up that's in it now. Body is nice with just a little bit of rust at the bottom of the quarters.
Thats funny as hell, "full ready to run drag car, just needs mods or a more powerful motor". Just curious, do you know what a drag car is? Where I come from it takes at least 10's to be a drag car.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So mini tubs, big *** slicks, 4 link, full frame, roll cage, completely stripped, DS safety loop, plexi glass windows, racing seat, racing harness, race gauges/switches and other **** doesn't count as a drag car? Just saying lol..

To me a drag car is a car that was purpose built for drag racing. Our teacher says it will run 10's though, maybe down hill with a 100mph tail wind. I guess we can compromise and call it a drag car with no *****.

Definitely a sweet car, i'd buy it but it's no where near street legal.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

So mini tubs, big *** slicks, 4 link, full frame, roll cage, completely stripped, DS safety loop, plexi glass windows, racing seat, racing harness, race gauges/switches and other **** doesn't count as a drag car? Just saying lol..

To me a drag car is a car that was purpose built for drag racing. Our teacher says it will run 10's though, maybe down hill with a 100mph tail wind. I guess we can compromise and call it a drag car with no *****.

Definitely a sweet car, i'd buy it but it's no where near street legal.
You do know I am just bustin your ***** tonight, don't you?

Cmon, just put some wipers and lights on it and it will be street legal, because you know it can't be mistaken for something fast...lol

And another thing that motor doesn't have the ***** to turn the slicks or use the 4 link correctly
Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You do know I am just bustin your ***** tonight, don't you?

Cmon, just put some wipers and lights on it and it will be street legal, because you know it can't be mistaken for something fast...lol
Yeah lol, I'm kinda on edge though.

You could just rig up some brake lights and get antique plates. That's all you need for just cruising in the day time. I'd love a drag car but I don't have time for one. Kinda considered it but I know he is going to ask way too much for it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Cammed 350 with headers, probably stock trans. Gutted, ford 9in 4 link. Probably going to bog down when it hooks.
Where did the big block go that we built for it?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Thats funny as hell, "full ready to run drag car, just needs mods or a more powerful motor". Just curious, do you know what a drag car is? Where I come from it takes at least 10's to be a drag car.
10s ? Lol thats the start of a slow street car.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

School project cars hardly ever get finished.... I honestly believe most teachers sell off what the students build at the end of the year and just start over with the same car next year.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good job guys for taking the initiative without Larson. Too bad he couldn't get the big block setup properly. THAT would be a monster.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ls1ChevyII1963
Where did the big block go that we built for it?
Was it the purple one on the engine stand?

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Good job guys for taking the initiative without Larson. Too bad he couldn't get the big block setup properly. THAT would be a monster.
Yup, it's a shame they pulled it and let the car sit in the pen.

Anyone know why he pulled it? Seems kinda stupid to pull the motor and let the car rot after y'all did all of that amazing work. He showed us the photo album and y'all did a damn good job, you could definitely tell Larson wasn't the teacher then haha.

We are still going to complete the car though but he wants the Viper Truck to be our project. The auto one kids are doing a Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 with a 400hp small block, will make a thread when they do more to it.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

thats it i am changing schools. we havent had an auto shop class sense i got into high school. this is bs. i even asked the teacher that run is head over the shop if i coudl go over there and use the lifts and what not after school and they wont even open the doors for me i havent even been in the dam building
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Larson is the same way, we just tell him to FO and bring our cars anyways haha..

Nah Larson is cool, it's just we have a couple bad kids in our class that really get on his nerves and ruin it for the rest of us. Those kids weren't in there one day and it was weird seeing how happy he was.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Larson is the same way, we just tell him to FO and bring our cars anyways haha..

Nah Larson is cool, it's just we have a couple bad kids in our class that really get on his nerves and ruin it for the rest of us. Those kids weren't in there one day and it was weird seeing how happy he was.
funny how that works in h.s. shop class some are there cause they like cars others are there cause they thought it would be a **** off class, i almost fell out one day when our teacher passed out pictures of a carburetor and told everyone to label the different parts like 4 of us were done in like 5 minutes the rest was sitting in the classroom almost till the bell rang trying to figure that **** out it was funny as hell.

Quick Reply: Drag Nova build