Anybody watch the TEXANS ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh, and I forgot to mention this too.

Our special teams (Kick-off) sucks royal *** too. Our kicker (Rackers) made the stop in three of the plays during the last two games. That is pathetic. I have a lot of respect for Rackers getting in on the play, however. Most kickers run away from the ball carrier.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Our defense sucks.

Our kickoff return sucks. (Slaton focuses on holding on to the ball so much, he has forgotten how to run.)

Our coaching (in my opinion) is below average. We run it up the middle on 2nd and 20? We have the league leading rusher on our team and we pass on 3rd and 2 (it was really 1.5 yards...not 2.)?

The offense is good when the coaches get the play calling right. Does anyone else notice a healthy Owen Daniels = yards?

Healthy AJ, Daniels, Walter, Jones, and Arian in the backfield = scary.

Ward was an excellent acquisition.

Arian Foster will break your ankle. The dude can run.

The refs cost us 14 points yesterday on the blown pass interference call and the completion call (which was reviewed). Bringing that up is pretty lame. I know. But, it happened.

The TV commentators couldn't have been more annoying. I wanted to choke those bastards.

Last edited by -Ross-; 10-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Honestly, I have no love for Slaton. He was good when he first joined the team, but he runs like a scared puss now. Ever since his injury, he runs with a scared presence, not aggressive at all. Seems like he'd be more at home on the practice squad. Ward was very impressive, a perfect back-up for Foster. Leach knocked some guys flat on their asses yesterday, that guy is a badass fullback that gets no real spotlight recognition.

Schaub is a patient and excellent passer, but the boy runs with concrete blocks on his feet. I'm still amazed that QB's can still make it through college without being able to run for an easy 10 yards. Schaub can't run at all, it is sort of pathetic. Sure wish we had that option on the offense weapons list, a QB that can put yards down when needed.

That pair of announcers were super annoying. They even called Cassel the wrong name twice, referring to him as Schaub. Idiots. I could tell one of them was a bigtime Chiefs nutswinger, just the way he referred to things in favor of the Chiefs instead of the Texans. Two ways to say things, for example:

"This next 3rd down conversion would be a huge advantage for the Chiefs"

instead of:

"The Texans holding them on this 3rd down is essential and would be huge"
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
That pair of announcers were super annoying. They even called Cassel the wrong name twice, referring to him as Schaub. Idiots. I could tell one of them was a bigtime Chiefs nutswinger, just the way he referred to things in favor of the Chiefs instead of the Texans. Two ways to say things, for example:

instead of:

Did you see them replay what they wanted to be called "encroachment" on Antonio Smith? LOL! #76 on the Chiefs clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) moved. They replayed it about 4 times in slow motion and neither of those nutswingers saw or acknowledged it. It was clear as day. We were laughing about it. Luckily, the refs got that call right.

I loved how after a commercial break (after one of our TD's) they came back with a slow motion replay saying, "Look! The Texans got a break on this one. Dreesen was holding."
Who does that besides someone who is favoring one team over the other?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather watch Leach block than our defense take the field.

There was a lot of pro-Chiefs blubbering from the people on the call, that is for sure. Much less than the pro-Yankees blubbering that happens on ESPN calls on during the ALCS.

I think it is actually fun to watch Leach block. He's certainly great at it and has never been one to get (or it seems to want) the spotlight. He just gets in there and gets people out of the way, whether or not the RB follows him. He's a tank, but he also makes some clever blocks as well.

We have need at LB and CB, and one day to make trades. We are going to use up a lot of our offense's life if our strategy is outscore everyone. Plus, we can't really do that if the opponent brings a descent rush, as we saw in the NY game.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Honestly, I have no love for Slaton. He was good when he first joined the team, but he runs like a scared puss now. Ever since his injury, he runs with a scared presence, not aggressive at all. Seems like he'd be more at home on the practice squad. Ward was very impressive, a perfect back-up for Foster. Leach knocked some guys flat on their asses yesterday, that guy is a badass fullback that gets no real spotlight recognition.

Schaub is a patient and excellent passer, but the boy runs with concrete blocks on his feet. I'm still amazed that QB's can still make it through college without being able to run for an easy 10 yards. Schaub can't run at all, it is sort of pathetic. Sure wish we had that option on the offense weapons list, a QB that can put yards down when needed.

instead of:

Slaton started out on fire. Then he got fumblitits and got hurt and like you said, runs like a ***** now. He just fields the kick, runs up to around the 20, and basically lays down. There is NO breakaway threat in our return game. Get somebody back there that at least has a chance to get us good field position if he's going to run like that.

Those announcers were definitely gently caressing the Chiefs' ***** yesterday. That was SO annoying.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

By the way...No team had scored over 19 points in a game against the Chiefs this season. We scored 21 in the 4th quarter.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Veteran

I hate Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker. They (Tasker Especially) is so anti-Texans its rediculous and yet every week, who are the announcers for Texans games?

Nail biting game, glad they came up with the win, but I'm still very worried with the defense going forward.