New slave?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New slave?

Since I have my tranny out getting rebuilt, I was wondering what a good replacement slave would be. (for an '02 T/A) Any input would be fantastic. Im looking to get the tranny back Thursday or Friday so somewhere local to the houston area would be best for me to pick up a new one. I was told by a friend to put an ls7 slave in, but I was not to sure if that will slap right in. And just incase it matters, I just put in a spec2+ and mcleod master. Thanks guys!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

If you need a slave i got one that had about 5k miles on it before i swapped clutches. Cant beat the price of free.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Go to Autozone and get one. 75bux and a life time warranty. They are all made by a company called "AP". Doesn't matter if you buy it from a GM dealer or local parts store...
Part number 13207
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Thanks again Joe! It was good chatting with you tonight. I just can't wait to get my car back on the road.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'm the only one that caught this

thread title "new slave"

first five words of the post - "since I have my tranny..."
Old 10-22-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ballerado
Thanks again Joe! It was good chatting with you tonight. I just can't wait to get my car back on the road.
No prob , see you around.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TDP
Go to Autozone and get one. 75bux and a life time warranty. They are all made by a company called "AP". Doesn't matter if you buy it from a GM dealer or local parts store...
Part number 13207
You sure about that? You can get two different slaves at the dealer. The cheaper AC Delco one, and the more expensive GM slave and they most definitely are not the same part.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-23-2010, 06:56 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
You sure about that? You can get two different slaves at the dealer. The cheaper AC Delco one, and the more expensive GM slave and they most definitely are not the same part.
Yes, I am 100% sure.
EVERY slave that I've seen has "AP" stamped into the casting. This appears to be the company which is outsourced for the manufacturing this part. I've seen a GM slave straight from the dealer and it has this stamping. I also have seen them from O'Reillys and Autozone with the exact same stamping. There is no sense in paying double to get the same part in a different box.
When you get a chance, take a look for yourself and you will see.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TDP
Yes, I am 100% sure.
EVERY slave that I've seen has "AP" stamped into the casting. This appears to be the company which is outsourced for the manufacturing this part. I've seen a GM slave straight from the dealer and it has this stamping. I also have seen them from O'Reillys and Autozone with the exact same stamping. There is no sense in paying double to get the same part in a different box.
When you get a chance, take a look for yourself and you will see.
I guess you don't get that I'm telling you there are two definitely different slaves from the dealer. One slave from oreillys can't be the same as both of the other slaves.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

The gm unit comes with 2 t.o bearings and a line adapter for diffferent applications not to mention the slave itsself uses a different body thats anodized black. Doesnt look like the oreillys unit at all.