exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help

I already have a catback, but I'm trying decide which headers and mid pipe to get. I would like them to be able to pass inspection (because I dont know of any of those special inspection people), so, any ideas as to which set up I should go with?

oooorrrr, if anyone knows some good inspection places in the garland area (I live in sachse but I doubt many of you know where that is) then if you could shoot me a pm that would be greeeaaaaaattt
Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More info is needed on the car and motor in order to answer your questions...

But assuming it's an f-body then get some coated 1 3/4 Pacesetter LTs, or 1 7/8 TSP LTs with a catted TSP Y pipe. They have a new version out that looks pretty nice. If money is not a problem then get some Kooks 1 7/8 LTs.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like westtexasbuff said..

Also you will not have problems with the headers you get when it come to inspection.

Only thing they could mess with you about is if you don't have any cats.. you can still pass just put some high flow cats on or put the fake cats on.

Kooks are nice but very $$$ just for headers.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Teching In

well its a 99 trans am. and what if I get headers without an air valve? wouldnt that give me inspection problems? and If I got fake cats wouldnt that give me issues with emissions?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by foam27
well its a 99 trans am. and what if I get headers without an air valve? wouldnt that give me inspection problems? and If I got fake cats wouldnt that give me issues with emissions?

You can get headers with the O2 sensor if you want but, you also told me you thought about getting it tuned and you can tune them out. And it will pass no problem with no cats.

It's the visual that you will fail if you don't have a fake cats.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Teching In

hmm. well I was under the impression that they checked the before and after on your 02's. and if you had them tuned out I figured it would throw up a red flag
Old 10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by foam27
hmm. well I was under the impression that they checked the before and after on your 02's. and if you had them tuned out I figured it would throw up a red flag
Nope

The only red flag that gets you is if you have any SES light on or Service motor lights. And you will Fail automatically just for that.

I passed the emissions test and I have mine tuned out.

Only thing that would get me now is I don't have cats.. but I could just put fake cats on and be done with it.. Just don't want to lol