Just moved to Katy

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just moved to Katy

I just moved a few months ago from Mobile, AL to Katy, and I'm liking it here a lot more haha. However I almost got a ticket for not having a front license plate, which I fixed by buying an SLP front plate mount, and I also got rear-ended in a hit and run by some idiot girl who was riding my *** for 4 or 5 miles, but I saw her enter a high school parking lot that morning and later found her and got her info. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows any good collision shops around here to get my car fixed up at (either or, I have an interview lined up for a job, so when I start getting checks I'm gonna want to do some real work to it ), also wondering if there's a place I could get a good tune up at, my engine's acting odd and I'm not sure what's causing it but figure an oil change and a good spark plug swap can't hurt. Anyway, I'm liking it in Texas and the Houston area seems pretty tight, so glad to be here haha

Last edited by Audio.prophet; 11-03-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Jim at Classic chevy in Sugarland for body work.
Tune up I go with Hill's automotive in Stafford, family owned.
Ask for Wayne or talk with his wife for pricing, she answers the phone.
281-261-5493
Hill's automotive is good poeple, quick turn around.
Tell them Wes gave you their info. Most work is lif time guranteed.
These are both on the SW side of town.

Welcome to Texas!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to Texas! Katy is a nice suburb, but not like living in Houston inside loop 610. There is a big LSX following in this area with great shops, people and info.

Gforce is what I would recommend for fbody work.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Teching In

I think I'm gonna go with Classic Chevy for the fix, since it turns out they throw in free oil and filter changes with it if it's over 500 bucks, so I can kinda knock two things out I needed to do at once. And if my car's still acting weird I'll go to Hill's
And yeah, I wish I lived in the actual 610 loop, Katy's nice but I can tell I'd have a lot more fun if I were actually living inside Houston haha. And thanks to both of you guys, that helped a lot!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You buying or renting a house? Have one for sale @ Greenhouse and 529.

Welcome to TEXAS!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome.

G-force and LMR are the main places, lots of others, but those two are the best it seems.

Yeah you can choose to run a front plate or not... Most of us don't. I don't on either of mine, just run the risk. Kinda just depends what your doing...

Welcome.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Out in the burbs you have to watch out for the highschoolers. They are everywhere and most wouldn't know if their pants were on fire.

The taxes are low though.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Domsz06;14064469]Welcome.

G-force and LMR are the main places, lots of others, but those two are the best it seems.

These 2 have a great reputation especially if your going for performance upgrades. I was thinking more of maintenance type work when answered above. They do cams and other upgrades at Hill's but the two mentioned above probably have a ton more experience with LS based stuff.

Wes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=1972_Z-28;14066595]
Originally Posted by Domsz06
Welcome.

These 2 have a great reputation especially if your going for performance upgrades. I was thinking more of maintenance type work when answered above. They do cams and other upgrades at Hill's but the two mentioned above probably have a ton more experience with LS based stuff.

Wes
agreed.

When you said tune... didn't know if you meant adjust your tune or tune up

Welcome regardless.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Welcome to Katy, TX. Its a nice suburb. Lived here for most of my life. What part of katy do you live? Everything is nice except for katy cops. They suck *****. They will pull you over for anything they can.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by posz28
Welcome to Katy, TX. Its a nice suburb. Lived here for most of my life. What part of katy do you live? Everything is nice except for katy cops. They suck *****. They will pull you over for anything they can.
Thanks, and I live kinda near George Bush Park, so North East Katy I guess haha. And my family's renting. Also, the insurance company said they'd rather I go to Bill Fogle's Collision yesterday, since apparently they do their claims through them or something so I went and got an estimate. And thanks everyone, good to feel welcome haha And yeah, the High Schoolers here are dumbasses. Which is a little hypocritical, since I'm still in High School myself (I graduate this year however, and moving Senior year to my 3rd HS sucks but Katy's nice so it was worth the move ) but I don't drive like a retard (getting rear-ended is the only accident I've been in, also I've lived and driven in 3 different states and am one of the only people I know my age who's managed to own a Z28 as long as I have and not destroy it haha ). I have seen plenty of examples of other teenagers here driving like idiots though. Going down Fry the other day towards my house some *** in their Mazdaspeed 6 was trying to act like a badass by trying to fly past me, needless to say I kept the pace with him. I heard him flooring it, and I was maybe a 1/4 of the way down. And yeah, I would go without a front plate, but I was pulled over twice for it, once by a Constable while going down Westheimer past that elementary school there before you hit Mason, and once when I left the Shell that's at the Kingsland Grand Parkway exit by a Sheriff. Happily though I didn't get ticketed by either

Last edited by Audio.prophet; 11-04-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Audio.prophet;14076878,
I would go without a front plate, but I was pulled over twice for it, once by a Constable while going down Westheimer past that elementary school there before you hit Mason, and once when I left the Shell that's at the Kingsland Grand Parkway exit by a Sheriff. Happily though I didn't get ticketed by either
I just graduated hs myself from cinco and yes they are all retards at driving, the school parking lot is nuts right after school stay as far away from cinci blv for this reason and theres ALWAYS cops on cinco blv. Also do not get pulled over by state troopers around here iv had a bad run in with them also, hints the reason i just got my license back. Iv had to run from that f-150 cop that sits at that kroger gas station, if your looking to street race look for meets that are posted here, 99 isnt the place for it neither is I-10, just be careful out there man people are stupid with their driving. Its just a bunch of kids with their parents car thinking they are the ****...thats just my 2 cents about the Cinco area
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camAro242
I just graduated hs myself from cinco and yes they are all retards at driving, the school parking lot is nuts right after school stay as far away from cinci blv for this reason and theres ALWAYS cops on cinco blv. Also do not get pulled over by state troopers around here iv had a bad run in with them also, hints the reason i just got my license back. Iv had to run from that f-150 cop that sits at that kroger gas station, if your looking to street race look for meets that are posted here, 99 isnt the place for it neither is I-10, just be careful out there man people are stupid with their driving. Its just a bunch of kids with their parents car thinking they are the ****...thats just my 2 cents about the Cinco area
I agree with that. And yeah, same goes for Fry near Seven Lakes when school gets out. And I have some crappy news, I was headed towards the Katy Mills area today on Grand Parkway when my car (it's been idling kinda weird lately) decided to start acting especially weird. It wouldn't accelerate til my foot was halfway down the throttle at which point it would drop into a low gear and go faster than I'd have liked. So I pull off at Kingsland and am at the light there and it's idling insanely funny. It was attempting to die on me so I put it in neutral since it was a red and started to kinda low rev the engine to keep the rpm's up so it wouldn't stall out (keep in mind this is an automatic, so it's not that I'm just driving a manual poorly, this is a car malfunction not a driver malfunction) so I start to drive when the light turns green trying to get off the road as soon as possible, and it's driving strange still, making this vwomp noise over and over again as it accelerates than doesn't work then accelerates. To my amazingly amazing luck, there's a firestone right there off of Grand Parkway so I pull up and have them run engine diagnostics, which put me out 90 bucks. They honestly couldn't find what was wrong with it, although they agree something is CLEARLY wrong with it, and that it's not exactly safe to drive unless I really drive carefully. But I'm not about to chance ******* my car up more, so they're now keeping my car overnight and having their master technician look at it in the morning. So apparently my car **** up is so perfectly hard to find that none of them can tell what it is and none of their computers or diagnostic machines can tell them either. I'm really hoping this master tech is the House of cars, cause I'd like my car back soon haha. I'm gonna make another post for this problem in the section it really belongs in, but I figured I'd tell yall first
Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Launching!

I'm north of I-10 near Franz/Elrod. Welcome to Katy!