70 Camaro is Almost DONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is going to look awesome when you are done. Make sure you post up pictures when done!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
But thanx for the positive posts like "lookin good", "Electron blue will look great" " Happy your almost done, what parts U planning on installing?", Instead of the "that guy gonna jack your wheels up cause where sure he is not a proffesional or doing this at a professional school which trains students how to properly paint cars for customers" Thanx, next time any of you guys post something that u find good news I will try and find some negative aspect of it
How about quit being a douche. They just wanted to make sure your fairly costly wheels would not get messed up when you could easily throw a set of wheels and tires that do not cost more than 100 bucks to roll your car around on.

Jesus christ
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamminj007
No they are alittle more expensive than that. Billet Specialties Street Lites Nice car by the way.
Oh sweet...kick *** wheels...
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
How about quit being a douche. They just wanted to make sure your fairly costly wheels would not get messed up when you could easily throw a set of wheels and tires that do not cost more than 100 bucks to roll your car around on.

Jesus christ
Maybe its the way things are said. For example the OP didnt used personal insults like you just did. Also maybe Nineball could explain further his post if he desires to, no need for anyone to act like his spokesman, dont you think?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus christ
X2

I have seen problems several times out of very reputable body shops. It's just easier to guarantee no problems and throw some roller wheels on it than chance it. My truck was at a body shop after someone hit me. This was a very reputable high end body shop in town. They oversprayed on the wheel tires and all kinds of other stuff. I had to fight them like hell to get my factory wheel refinished. With nice wheels, I would never even take a chance.

Tony is just try to help you avoid an expensive face palm moment.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Im pretty sure this school will properly tape off everything to paint the car and not the wheels such as this picture

Wow. I didn't expect the car to look this much different after taping it off.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chaman
Maybe its the way things are said. For example the OP didnt used personal insults like you just did. Also maybe Nineball could explain further his post if he desires to, no need for anyone to act like his spokesman, dont you think?
You = one of the most face palming generating members on the board.

I think I may have a permanent red mark on my forehead for all the times I have read your thoughts that are submitted on this board.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

But to keep the thread on track, I really do like the OP's car. I wish him well with the project as hopefully it turns out as planned.

To me, early 2nd Gens > first gens
Old 11-20-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Veteran

You = one of the most face palming generating members on the board.

I think I may have a permanent red mark on my forehead for all the times I have read your thoughts that are submitted on this board.
Prefer to be that than to be president of the butt kisser commission. At least it shows that actually I have an opinion unlike you that prefers to become the cheerleader of someone else. Good try on wishing the OP good luck with the car, you are quite honest and thats commendable. Maybe avoiding the douche comment in the first post would have been a bit more credible, too bad, shame on you.

Good luck with your forehead, BTW.

Last edited by chaman; 11-20-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Prefer to be that than to be president of the butt kisser commission. At least it shows that actually I have an opinion unlike you that prefers to become the cheerleader of someone else. Good try on wishing the OP good luck with the car, you are quite honest and thats commendable. Maybe avoiding the douche comment in the first post would have been a bit more credible, too bad, shame on you.

Good luck with your forehead, BTW.
You're a cheerleader for the OP. No one said anything bad. Wheels are cheap, hell he could probably borrow some if he asked. Just rather not get them messed up. EB is a badass color so looking forward to the results. Wheel covers SHOULD keep the wheels from getting any overspray, but not as "fool proof" as having them in a completely separate location.

Back to your regularly scheduled LS1techinternetbitchfest.

Keep us posted on the pics. I'll continue to lurk as usual.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
Wow. I didn't expect the car to look this much different after taping it off.
LOL great attempt at lightening the mood.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra
You're a cheerleader for the OP. No one said anything bad. Wheels are cheap, hell he could probably borrow some if he asked. Just rather not get them messed up. EB is a badass color so looking forward to the results. Wheel covers SHOULD keep the wheels from getting any overspray, but not as "fool proof" as having them in a completely separate location.

Back to your regularly scheduled LS1techinternetbitchfest.

Keep us posted on the pics. I'll continue to lurk as usual.

Of course I am! I will always be a cheerleader for any guy who shares my passion for cars! In fact thats why Im here for.

The difference is I actually like to follow my own thinking process to reach an opinion, simple and it happens to work. You will never see me constantly following, reassuring, venerating, over and over again ANYONE, like it happens in so many threads here.

Anyways, to the OP, if you start to have people coming at you, you must be doing something right.

No one said anything bad.
Calling a guy posting his project "douche" for no other reason than to pathetically perform a butt kiss maneuver is not a "bad thing". **** me running! I must be wrong then, huh?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I was referring to him saying people pointing out the negatives. Obviously calling someone a d-bag is "bad."

Either way it's an old car, it will be nice. Just trying to ensure he doesn't regret leaving the wheels on. Maybe nothing will happen to them. Hate for something to happen to them however and him not have been warned.

Either way keep us posted on the progress. Car has been in the works for a while now. Glad to see it's finally getting color!

My project is much much further away (and no nice wheels to worry about at that!)

William
Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Its cool man!

Waiting for some progress pics!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hurry up!!! I wanna see this thing painted! Curious how it will look with that spoiler on.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

But thanx for the positive posts like "lookin good", "Electron blue will look great" " Happy your almost done, what parts U planning on installing?", Instead of the "that guy gonna jack your wheels up cause where sure he is not a proffesional or doing this at a professional school which trains students how to properly paint cars for customers" Thanx, next time any of you guys post something that u find good news I will try and find some negative aspect of it
The wheels looked nice in those photos above. I was trying to help you out, by suggesting you put some **** wheels (like spares) on the car when it gets painted. I've seen many wheels and tires get ruined by overspray. Ever tried scrubbing paint out from between the tire treads? Get the sand out of your vagina, sorry to hurt your feelings for making a suggestion. I hope you get paint all over your wheels, just so you can experience the problems first hand, then maybe someday you can make some helpful suggestions to someone else.

Chaman, you are just being an instigating douche here. Any person with common sense would have known I was saying that painting with the nice wheels on the car is a HUGE potential fail. Been there, done that. It takes a whopping 20 minutes to change out wheels, to potentially save yourself thousands of bucks or a lot of PITA trying to get them fixed. Hell, most paint shops even have **** wheels laying around just for painting purposes.

Last edited by Nine Ball; 11-22-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

You need to learn to use the "Compliment sandwich"

Example:

"Nice car you have, wheels dont seem to compliment it, but the Interior looks Great"
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't say anything negative about your car. Hard to compliment anything based on the pics you posted. What am I supposed to say, nice sanding job? Nice kinda blue paint with tape dude, your car rocks!

Why so sensitive?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Really!!! Ok guys Nineball hasn't said anything bad about your wheel choice. He just said to take them off in the paint booth and put some crap tires on to prevent any possibility of overspray.

Here is a compliment sandwich for you.

"Nice wheels on your car, dont be a douche and get overspray on them in the paint booth, second thought who gives a rats ***."

Good luck with the project.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

My favorite era of Camaro! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Quick Reply: 70 Camaro is Almost DONE