House fire....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, in fact I have a bunch of electronics (tv, stereo, cd player) in the garage that a friend just gave me because he was moving to Aruba and didn't want to take it. It's yours if you want it.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Gift sent.

Also, those of you donating, please select the "personal" payment option under the send money tab. This will allow Scott to avoid the 3% paypal fees.

Tony
I selected Personal > Gift but still had to pay the fee.

Originally Posted by Paypal
Our fees are now the same for all accounts - Personal, Premier, and Business. Please note that the Purchase rate applies to all payments using Request Money.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
A Huge thanks ANDREW..IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN EVER REPAY THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW..Again thank you from the bottom of my heart..
No repay needed, just take care of your family and enjoy the holiday spirit. This could happen to anybody, I guess that is why it is nice to be a Techster. When something bad happens the community should be available to help in what ever way they can whether you know the person or not.

Andrew
Old 12-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Houston Performance Driving (HPD) is hosting a massive toy drive tonight in Katy. We always get more toys than we can ever imagine. We get so many toys that MD Anderson uses them all year long. If you have children and need help with some toys we can help you.

Troy Dixon - HPD Owner/Developer.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys ..There is no way I can ever thank you enough...This really helps alot when you have to replace everything....Again thank you from the bottom of my heart ...Tony and Wes ..You guys are life savers....
Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Hey guys ..There is no way I can ever thank you enough...This really helps alot when you have to replace everything....Again thank you from the bottom of my heart ...Tony and Wes ..You guys are life savers....
No problem. Expect a little more, too, man.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about your loss man, I had the same thing happen back in '05 when hurricane rita came through... lost everything. Investigators never figured out what started the fire but the insurance company tried to sue us for arson and we never got ****. At the time my parents didnt really have the cash for a decent lawyer, so we kinda got screwed on the whole deal. Hope everything works out for you and your family...
Old 12-18-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Gift sent. Sorry you and your family have to go through something so difficult as this. Stay strong your tech family will keeping helping out.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear this please post up specifics.
kids?genders?size of clothes etc...

I have a truck if anyone has something that needs to be donated i can pick up and deliver.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys ...Again I can not thank you enough ....Carlos ..man, thanks alot you guys are life savers....Our kids are in the armed forces so they are not with us ..As far as clothes go we were able to salvage a few things and we had some old clothes in storage behind our house we were going to give to good will so we have clothes to wear..the electronics are all gone so 96z I would appreciate anything you could do........
Old 12-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

THANKS AGAIN GUYS !!!!YOU GUYS ARE SOME OF THE BEST FRIENDS A GUY COULD ASK FOR!!!!!Merry Christmas everyone!!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Horrible to hear but impressive to see the guys step up around here to help a guy out.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

wow that sucks man sorry to hear that
Old 12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Default Sucks

Man the same thing happened to us a little over a year ago. We were sleeping right through the smoke alarms and luckily the neighbors banged on our windows and hollered loud enough to wake us up. It is a horrible way to wake up that Ill never forget. We didn't have contents on our policy either which sucked because our contents were worth almost as much as the house. My boat was in the garage and was not covered because we didn't have contents. Get ready for a long stressful fight with insurance company. They will try everything in there power to low ball you and screw you over. There are still some ways to make a little extra money off of insurance to cover some of your lost contents. Pm me if you need any advice on dealing with the crooked *** insurance company.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kevinek
Man the same thing happened to us a little over a year ago. We were sleeping right through the smoke alarms and luckily the neighbors banged on our windows and hollered loud enough to wake us up. It is a horrible way to wake up that Ill never forget. We didn't have contents on our policy either which sucked because our contents were worth almost as much as the house. My boat was in the garage and was not covered because we didn't have contents. Get ready for a long stressful fight with insurance company. They will try everything in there power to low ball you and screw you over. There are still some ways to make a little extra money off of insurance to cover some of your lost contents. Pm me if you need any advice on dealing with the crooked *** insurance company.
Insurance is being pretty cool so far....Guess we will see if it continues....AGAIN...THANKS EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

..the electronics are all gone so 96z I would appreciate anything you could do........
Tell me where to bring them and I'll have them there tonight.

Quick Reply: House fire....